Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mass building oatmeal?!

Dutchman_82

ok, I'm trying to bulk right now. I'm usually pressed for time because of work, so I try to make meals quick and easy. This morning I decided to make my oatmeal a little different:

2 x tbsp of smuckers anpb
1 sliced banana
1 1/2 cup of oats w/ 2% milk.

I also ate 4 eggs scrambled on the side.

what do y'all think?

ok, I'm trying to bulk right now. I'm usually pressed for time because of work, so I try to make meals quick and easy. This morning I decided to make my oatmeal a little different:

2 x tbsp of smuckers anpb
1 sliced banana
1 1/2 cup of oats w/ 2% milk.

I also ate 4 eggs scrambled on the side.

what do y'all think?

sounds good as long as it meats your macro requirements.

if your pressed for time and can keep a small cooler or have access to a fridge try this shake.

per 1 cup milk add
a few mixed berries
1 scoop protein powder
1 heaping tablespoon raw oats
1 small broccoli flouret
1 egg white

blended

Joe, I am currently trying to gain some lean mass. I'm staying away from sugar, junk food, fast food, soda, etc. I haven't been very scientific in my approach though. I've just been keeping an eye on calorie intake (trying to take in roughly 3500 extra per week) and trying to make sure I eat more protein than carbs. I appreciate the shake idea. Variety helps! I will probably use it as another meal or snack during other times of the day too. Aside from shakes, I only drink water. I guess the whole macro-ratio- stuff confuses me. For example; if someone is eating 60% protein 30% carbs and 10% fat... how do I know how many calories are in 1 gram of protein, carb, fat...?
One more thing. Is there a way for me to figure out my body fat % at home without buying calipers, and stuff like that? I'm not aiming to be a bodybuilder... just curious.

60% 30% 10% is a good way to start. for your goals just eat those ratios with clean foods 5 times through the day. pick a serving size that doesnt over stuff you and doesnt leave you hungry and eat it. after a few weaks reassess the situation and determine if you need to add food or take away.

you will not be able to measure fat for a number without a tool. have someone take pictures of you in the same front and back poses once per weak to look for progress.

keep it simple and fun.

Top Bottom