Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

manfred hoeberl

silver_shadow

does anyone remember this guy. he had an awesome physique for a strongman competitor. and he was huge and strong as hell- arms were supposed to be 26"! i couldn't get much info on him- does anyone know much?

6'5" tall
about 300lbs
25.5" arms
Austrian by birth, started athletics as a swimmer before beoming a powerlifter then strongman.

Was seriously injured in a car accident in 1995 and stopped strongman competition. Tried to start his own strong man league to help legitimize the sport and take it to a bigger audience. Doug Edmonds founder of WSM made the edict that anyone who sompeted in Manfred's league would recieve a ban from WSM competition so the new division crumbled quickly. Still does feats of strength like simultaneously crushing two pop cans ( one in each hand)

Cheers,
Scotsman

thx man. good to hear he is still alive.. i heard abt the car wreck thing but i was told he died in it. yes he is austrian and i believe he is from the same village as arnie. i always imagined he'd be quite a bit heavier than 300. does anyone have any pics of him. those 2 pics were the only ones i could get of him- that too small and b&w.

silver_shadow said:
thx man. good to hear he is still alive.. i heard abt the car wreck thing but i was told he died in it. yes he is austrian and i believe he is from the same village as arnie. i always imagined he'd be quite a bit heavier than 300. does anyone have any pics of him. those 2 pics were the only ones i could get of him- that too small and b&w.

He had kinda small legs for his size which brought his weight down. I think he got up to about 330 for a while. As far as I know he is still around and was helping out with the extreme strongman stuff.

Cheers,
Scotsman

surprised no one has yet mentioned he used synthol to build his arms up, manfred was one of the competitors who made me sit up and take notice of strongman during the early 90's

johnny_bravo said:
surprised no one has yet mentioned he used synthol to build his arms up, manfred was one of the competitors who made me sit up and take notice of strongman during the early 90's

nevertheless he still has some awesome genetics.

He was an AWESOME strongman too...

Have some old vids with him in them...waxed the other competitors.

B True

Top Bottom