Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Male models, how do they train?

Ruca said:
allright first things first.....i think the whole "male model" thing is pretty fucking silly, and i think that zoolander was damn funny......

with that being said, some of you are fucking crazy to think that these guys are just some frail little bitches that diet and under eat all the time. can you really say that this guy ( Marcus Schenkenberg)
http://www.supermodelguide.com/supermodels/marcus.html , who is the most famous male model ever, looks unhealthy, or like he diets all the time? maybe there is a world of puking, dieting male model bitches out there that i just don't know about, but you are in hardcore body builder denial to think that Marcus Schenkenberg ,for example, does not have a good look. :rolleyes:

you dont think he looks frail???
i think he needs to stay in if the winds kick up to about 15 knots lol
and yeah hes blessed with genetics but i dont think its reall all that hard to "train" for that physique other than not really eating much..

I have a friend that has ripped and i mean ripped abs who eats what he wants and does not lift a single weight..He used to lift weights but nothing serious and yet is still able to maintain that physique why GENETICS

I want to add that the most important thing in the modeling business in the face. If you want to be a model, get some pics taken and send them to some agents, if you don't have the face, all the abs and lines and definition in the world won't land you a job.

I agree with wnt2bbeast in that I do not think the average male model's physique looks powerful. In fact, I'd send him karma if my K hits weren't gray, lol.

Guys transitioning from a bodybuilding/strength training/athletic background have to lose muscle to model.Don't be fooled by all the pics in the world with guys sporting a good tan, a shaved chest, proper lighting etc, those guys do not look 'big' in person. Do they have a good physique? Yeah, but that is a matter of opinion. Some people like the look, others want more size.

Frank Sepe, who was a bodybuilder, then turned to modeling says that he had to deal with a huge blow to his ego from losing muscle. He said that the weights he lifts now are nothing impressive, and it was a big blow to lose size, not 'look intimidating', and not draw stares from lifting huge weights in the gym. He said he had to lose muscle in order to model, and that it isn't for everyone. He also said you need to maintain your lean state year round, as there is no off-season. If a call for work comes in and you're not in 'modeling shape', they'll just call someone else, they don't say "ok, diet for 12 weeks and you're on".

As far as training, in my opinion it doesn't matter. You don't get 'bulky' in the gym, you get bulky in the kitchen. My advice is train how you like to train, and eat in a manner that allows you to stay at your goal weight, everybody is different.

As far as I am concerned, the physique of a model is not something I aspire towards. But, I can't knock it, because my physique is not something a model aspires towards. The ones who follow the Vodka, cigarrette, and cocaine diet do not earn my respect, but anybody who makes training and nutrition a priority, and who works hard to acheive their goals has my respect, no matter what the goals are.

hahahahahaha.....sorry fellows.....we can all agree to disagree on this one!

please don't think that i am trying to be a dick but some of the stuff that you guys are saying almost sounds crazy to me! like "you don't think he looks frail?" or talking about the guy with the ego blow for not looking intimidating.....it's like reverse anorexia (sp?)!! it is really a funny insight into how some body builders views things. do you think that royce gracie is intimidated when he sees a 250# jacked guy? if it's all about being "frail" or "intimidating" i would much rather fight a guy that was 6' 280# and huge, than some guy that was 6'4" 215# and a mma expert! like i said, sorry i know we are all different but i think you guys have some seriously distorted views here!

Ruca said:

please don't think that i am trying to be a dick but some of the stuff that you guys are saying almost sounds crazy to me! like "you don't think he looks frail?" or talking about the guy with the ego blow for not looking intimidating.....it's like reverse anorexia (sp?)!! it is really a funny insight into how some body builders views things. do you think that royce gracie is intimidated when he sees a 250# jacked guy? if it's all about being "frail" or "intimidating" i would much rather fight a guy that was 6' 280# and huge, than some guy that was 6'4" 215# and a mma expert! like i said, sorry i know we are all different but i think you guys have some seriously distorted views here!
whos fighting??? ;)
6' 350 or 6'4 200 and ripped
either one wont be able to walk if you baseball their fuggin kneecaps :)
and it cant be all about pussy either cuz ive seen fat guys(that dont lift) get the hotties and ive seen the male model types get the same chicas

i am not a BB and i do view things differently-i am far far from the ideal physique but then again thats not what im about or why i lift :)

wnt2bBeast said:
whos fighting??? ;)
6' 350 or 6'4 200 and ripped
either one wont be able to walk if you baseball their fuggin kneecaps :)
and it cant be all about pussy either cuz ive seen fat guys(that dont lift) get the hotties and ive seen the male model types get the same chicas

i am not a BB and i do view things differently-i am far far from the ideal physique but then again thats not what im about or why i lift :)

the only reason that i mention fighting is because that other guy mentioned being intimidating. i just don't think that "big" is "intimidating". also i associate "intimidating" with fighting. i think that too many big guys associate how big they are with how tough they think they look which i think is funny. a good friend of mine is a 3rd degree black belt in kali salat (sp?) which is phillipino martial arts. his "master" is an older kind of tubby guy who is far from big but i would be shocked if there were any dudes on here that could take him. my friend who i am referring to is a "little" guy (probally 5'7" and 155#), but very strong for his size, and in a fight i would put my $$ on him over some 250# dude any day!

as far as women go....i live in miami beach so i see a ton of ugly dudes with hot women......but......taking their faces out of the equasion.....if you send a bodybuilder, a huge guy, a male model built guy, and a fat dude to the beach to pick up women, that male model fag is going to have 10 women for every 1 that all the other guys have combined! and that's a fact!

Ruca said:
the only reason that i mention fighting is because that other guy mentioned being intimidating. i just don't think that "big" is "intimidating". also i associate "intimidating" with fighting. i think that too many big guys associate how big they are with how tough they think they look which i think is funny. a good friend of mine is a 3rd degree black belt in kali salat (sp?) which is phillipino martial arts. his "master" is an older kind of tubby guy who is far from big but i would be shocked if there were any dudes on here that could take him. my friend who i am referring to is a "little" guy (probally 5'7" and 155#), but very strong for his size, and in a fight i would put my $$ on him over some 250# dude any day!

as far as women go....i live in miami beach so i see a ton of ugly dudes with hot women......but......taking their faces out of the equasion.....if you send a bodybuilder, a huge guy, a male model built guy, and a fat dude to the beach to pick up women, that male model fag is going to have 10 women for every 1 that all the other guys have combined! and that's a fact!

I know what you're saying, and while I do agree with you, the issue being discussed wasn't 'looking tough vs being tough' or 'would you rather be tough or look tough?' It was about attaining a certain look. I was talking about an article written by a guy who went from bodybuilding to modeling and how it was a blow to HIM to be much smaller. Maybe that is normal, maybe it's not, I am not a psychologist. Again, nobody mentioned fighting ability because it had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the post. To a bodybuilder, physique is what matters. I don't agree with this, but many a bodybuilder would say "who cares how tough Joyce Gracie is, he looks like shit"......not my thoughts, but it illustrates how different goals affect one's priorities.

I do agree with a lot of what you say though. I'll ask you this for conversation, not to start an internet pissing match....yes, a skilled smaller guy will beat an unskilled bigger guy.....but what about a skilled little guy against a skilled big guy......you'd bet on your friend over a 250lb guy any day.....but what if the 250lb guy was Frank Mir or Kimo Leopoldo, or Mark Coleman or Rico Rodriquez, or any UFC heavyweight for example..not saying these guys could beat ANYBODY smaller than them, as this obviously isn't true, just pointing out that not everybody who weighs over 200lbs isn't an unskilled, immobile bodybuilder....this is beyond the scope of what you mentioned, but your post was beyond the scope of what was being discussed......I just want to hear your thoughts.

Ruca said:

I hear what you're saying but you are making an abstract point. As I said my friend who is a male model is 6' 160lbs and he is still on the big side. I actually watched part of that America's top male model show (not by choice) and they were telling a guy that was 6'2" and 175 that he was fat and needed to lean up if he wanted to win. By "lean up" they meant lose muscle since the dude had no bodyfat already.

And yeah royce gracie is huge as are the shamrocks, so that's an incorrect comparison to male models. Also not knowing someones fighting skill from the getgo most people will fear the larger person.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
I hear what you're saying but you are making an abstract point. As I said my friend who is a male model is 6' 160lbs and he is still on the big side. I actually watched part of that America's top male model show (not by choice) and they were telling a guy that was 6'2" and 175 that he was fat and needed to lean up if he wanted to win. By "lean up" they meant lose muscle since the dude had no bodyfat already.

And yeah royce gracie is huge as are the shamrocks, so that's an incorrect comparison to male models. Also not knowing someones fighting skill from the getgo most people will fear the larger person.

Cheers,
Scotsman

isnt that sad 175 and ripped..yet they wanna strip you down further
i wonder what the rationale is for that..
am i out of touch with women? do most womne prefer a guy thats got the muscle of a 12 year old and is ripped? or is it about the clothes? i used to buy the expensive stuff Armani etc i never bought that shit because of te way a guy looked i only bought it cuz i had the dough and wanted to show off

Top Bottom