Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Making sealed gear vials

MaxxReps

I've seen a lot of discussion around sterilization and crimping of vials using oven bake, autoclave, pressure cooker, chemical (mainly alcohol) methods.

I would like to mix up a largish batch of stuff and put it in sealed vials. Filtering straight into a vial is ok but in my opinion it is no longer sterile as there is a hole in the top, and if we weren't perfectly careful we could have pushed bacteria though - not to mention that we put another needle in the top to release pressure.

Also, when sharing with friends would be nice to have sealed vials.

I have a glovebox and pressure cooker from an older hobby and have done sterile work before. I was thinking of using a vacuum filter unit with presterilized receiver to filter the gear, then move the filter into the glovebox. Sterilize the vials, lids, and crimper at 15psi / 60 min in the pressure cooker, then straight into the glovebox. Open the filter, fill and crimp the vials in the glovebox.

Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

I've seen a lot of discussion around sterilization and crimping of vials using oven bake, autoclave, pressure cooker, chemical (mainly alcohol) methods.

I would like to mix up a largish batch of stuff and put it in sealed vials. Filtering straight into a vial is ok but in my opinion it is no longer sterile as there is a hole in the top, and if we weren't perfectly careful we could have pushed bacteria though - not to mention that we put another needle in the top to release pressure.

Also, when sharing with friends would be nice to have sealed vials.

I have a glovebox and pressure cooker from an older hobby and have done sterile work before. I was thinking of using a vacuum filter unit with presterilized receiver to filter the gear, then move the filter into the glovebox. Sterilize the vials, lids, and crimper at 15psi / 60 min in the pressure cooker, then straight into the glovebox. Open the filter, fill and crimp the vials in the glovebox.

Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Growing shrooms, were we?

I have also done my share of sterile work, and to me your idea sounds like a winner.

Just remember the spawn production principles: fast transfers, minimize exposure times, shower, gloves, mask, and lots of disinfecting.

Growing shrooms, were we?

I have also done my share of sterile work, and to me your idea sounds like a winner.

Just remember the spawn production principles: fast transfers, minimize exposure times, shower, gloves, mask, and lots of disinfecting.

I've had very good luck with my sterile procedure even though I've never had a hood. I think I will queue this experiment up for the future.

Wondering if this is a similar approach UGL labs use.

I've had very good luck with my sterile procedure even though I've never had a hood. I think I will queue this experiment up for the future.

Wondering if this is a similar approach UGL labs use.

I would hope they at LEAST do these things. They really need some semblance of a clean room with positive pressure from a HEPA unit to keep shit from just floating in. And inside this they should still be using a glove box and laminar flow hood.

I think a lot of ugl's don't fully grasp the fact that they have a very real responsibility to ensure the safety of their products. The health of their customers needs to be given the highest priority.

Not only will they lose customers if their products cause health issues, but if someone dies or loses a limb from infection, the powers that be will hunt them down and they will be held responsible.

I would hope they at LEAST do these things. They really need some semblance of a clean room with positive pressure from a HEPA unit to keep shit from just floating in. And inside this they should still be using a glove box and laminar flow hood.

Agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of UV or gamma radiation sterilization of bottles and tools and working in a clean room w/ cabinet. I hope its not just some dude in a basement with a pressure cooker - which is part of the reason I want to cook my own gear.

I do some work for a lab that has all this stuff along with analytical equipment. Wish I could somehow convince them to let me use it off hours no questions asked :)

Other thing I would kill for is access to hplc. Then most bases would be covered.

Agreed. I was thinking more along the lines of UV or gamma radiation sterilization of bottles and tools and working in a clean room w/ cabinet. I hope its not just some dude in a basement with a pressure cooker - which is part of the reason I want to cook my own gear.

I do some work for a lab that has all this stuff along with analytical equipment. Wish I could somehow convince them to let me use it off hours no questions asked :)

Other thing I would kill for is access to hplc. Then most bases would be covered.

Or a mass spectrometer... hell yeah.

Sent from my Event using EliteFitness

Top Bottom