Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Luecic Acid (HICA)

superflex02

To those knowledgeable about this form of amino, what's your thoughts on it as a stand-alone supplement? There's doesn't seem to be a huge amount of research on it, but the stuff there is recommends 1.5g ED. Thoughts/Comments?

To those knowledgeable about this form of amino, what's your thoughts on it as a stand-alone supplement? There's doesn't seem to be a huge amount of research on it, but the stuff there is recommends 1.5g ED. Thoughts/Comments?

I know I shouldn't bump this , but it's a good question that went unanswered. I've found the Labrada HICA chewables and also Cellucor Beta-BCAA has HICA in there. The Cellucor product has 1/2 the dosage you stated above. The labrada product for a 250lb man simply ran out too fast. However the research on it does seem to indicate it does help build muscle at the dosage you stated

JISSN | Full text | Effects of alfa-hydroxy-isocaproic acid on body composition, DOMS and performance in athletes

Results

As compared to placebo, the HICA supplementation increased significantly body weight (p < 0.005) and whole lean body mass (p < 0.05) while fat mass remained constant. The lean body mass of lower extremities increased by 400 g in HICA but decreased by 150 g in PLACEBO during the study. This difference between the groups was significant (p < 0.01). The HICA supplementation decreased the whole body DOMS symptoms in the 4th week of the treatment (p < 0.05) when compared to placebo. Muscle strength and running velocity did not differ between the groups.
Conclusion

Already a 4-week HICA supplementation of 1.5 g a day leads to small increases in muscle mass during an intensive training period in soccer athletes.

SO this could have strength training benefits to a weight lifter

Last edited:
Top Bottom