Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low testosterone and high CPK

elpasso1900

H‎i

I recently did a blood test and I got what seems to be low testosterone levels (333 ng/dl le 11.55 nmol/l) and a pretty high CPK (600 u/l). Note that two hours before the blood test I ran steadily for 50min where I pushed myself.‎

Some background: I do strength training 3 times a week for 3 hours each ( 1 week max rep/failure, then 1 week dropsets with little rest) and cardio 3 times a week (1 steady for 1h, two HIITs for 1h30). I take BCAA, glutamine pre/post and pre-workout supps (mostly citruline, beta alanine, cafeine). I like doing endurance in general. I used creatine for 2 months, gained few lbs muscle but also a lot of water mass that is not going away.‎

I am 183lb with fat mass fluctuating between 9% and 11% but more frequently the later. Most of my fat is in my lower belly (I went as low as 6% a year ago, it was still there). I usually eat 2500 cal/day, 150g protein (my blood creatinine is on the max normal range, so I decided not to add more protein)‎

Am I over training ?‎

Thanks

A high CPK value in lifters/athletes is perfectly normal. You would need to stop exercising a week prior to the test to get an accurate reading. The CPK rating is nothing to worry about.

Your testosterone is in the normal range, although on the low side. How old are you?

Your training schedule does not seem that excessive at all. How much stress is in your life? Stress is truly a silent killer and can be linked to pretty much every disease know to man kind.

You could consider running a good quality natural testosterone booster to try to raise your testosterone levels to the low-normal range. I like the product HCGenerate ES from n2bm.com

Regarding CPK, this is also what I read about. Will redo the test after a week rest.

I am 43y. Yes I got significant amount of stress at work due to politics and responsibility. Workout helps me manage but apparently not enough...

Will look into this hcgenerate, thanks!

This said, regarding over training, the coaches in my gym club keep telling me I over train and do too much sets, reps and exercises. Before I used to train 3 times a week but 6h each and was keeping my HR at 130bpm constantly, I stopped that (interestingly, that's when I manage 6-8% body fat for few months).

^^^ you were working out 6 hours each day?

there is such thing as over stressing your body too much. especially if you are dealing with other stresses in your life. it doesn't have to be mental stress either.. example a construction worker who spent the entire day digging ditches in 100 degree heat, then going to the gym and blasting out an hour of cardio and weights is not going to do themselves any favors. especially as you age you have to give your body a break, we are not robots made of steel.. you are very fragile humans.

A high CPK value in lifters/athletes is perfectly normal. You would need to stop exercising a week prior to the test to get an accurate reading. The CPK rating is nothing to worry about.

Your testosterone is in the normal range, although on the low side. How old are you?

Your training schedule does not seem that excessive at all. How much stress is in your life? Stress is truly a silent killer and can be linked to pretty much every disease know to man kind.

You could consider running a good quality natural testosterone booster to try to raise your testosterone levels to the low-normal range. I like the product HCGenerate ES from n2bm.com

Hi,

It seems I cannot ship HCgenerate to where I am residing. What do you think about other natural T boosters like EVLTEST ? It seems to have good reviews in some bodybuilding websites.

Another question (to anybody actually): I sweat extremely a lot when I do intensive cardio. I can loose 4 lbs weight in one hour while at the same time drinking 1 liter (2lbs), so 6 lbs in total. When that happens, I find more difficult to recover for the next day though I drink a lot and I feel this is correlated to my drop in cardio endurance over the last 6 months. I asked doctors about this, they got no clues.

Anybody facing the same ?

Bump.

Btw, I ran the CPK test again after 4 days rest (I couldn't do more) and it dropped to almost half, still higher than the max range. So I guess it is ok.

This said, does it mean my kidneys cannot clear the CPK fast enough ? Should I increase water intake ? I usually drink 4 liters water daily.

Thanks

Top Bottom