Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lose the eliptical!

he is absolutly right. If you want a good cardio workout ,get out of the gym and get on a 400 meter track. When I satarted , I could hardly do a lap. Now I can do a 10k or more, stopwatch in hand, with a 20 pound weight vest. I look and feel better.. The gym in for weights.

nice story man.

I am gonna hit the gym today then drive down the road to the track for some laps myself.

keep it up

elipticals , tread mills , static bikes i hate em all . i always used to ride a static bike indoors during winter to maintain my conditioning for when i began rideing again in the spring and always hated it then one winter about 3 years ago my indoor bike broke so i started brisk walking in the morning . then that spring came and evan though i hadnt been on a bike for about 5 months it felt just like it did when id used my static bike all winter . so my advice is get the f*** off that stupid machine and get the f*** out the door .

totally agree. i just use it for a few minutes to warm up my knees before squats. i always wondered too how effective the stair climber machine is. when i see people on it, theyre not stepping up to the next step, instead just letting their foot ride down and then just step on the next one. tread mills are kind of like that too. the track is bringing your foot back instead of you pushing yourself forward. i just avoid all of this and run outside

I know you hit on it already Steve so don't blast me. But after I blew out my knee in 97', still have a bad ACL and only 40% of my meniscus cartilage left, the elliptical is what I used when I got my fat ass back into the gym. It helped me drop 92 pounds. I would love to be able to run hills but even with so much time since my injury it still swells up. It is easier and prolly validates your point more but it was a life saver for me. Literally.

^^^ nah man I won't blast ya, like i said above ellipticals have their purpose for those who have injuries or are coming back. I used to train with a former ironman.. he is now 62 and he used to take me on 7 mile jogs and he would be pushing me the whole way, just an amazing athlete. the guy was a wealth of knowledge.. he would always tell me, "if it hurts, then don't pound away because your injury can become acute"

so if running hurts then that is your brain telling you to stop. if the elliptical is your only option then its still better then sitting on the couch.

I think the big point here, is if your not pushing yourself with your workout don't wonder why your not getting results.

For some people who are over weight the eliptical probably is a big difference because they are use to sitting on the couch.

I think the big point here, is if your not pushing yourself with your workout don't wonder why your not getting results.

For some people who are over weight the eliptical probably is a big difference because they are use to sitting on the couch.

depends on the intensity . for a lot of people the elliptical does nothing by itself when not combined with a strong diet and if you don't really really go nuts on it. a lot of people at the gym go on there and just float back and forth for 30 minutes.. it won't do much of anything for you..

Top Bottom