Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

loosing fat while gaining muscle...?

thx9000

I’ve seen a lot of posts about cutting and a lot of posts about bulking, and I have seen a few about attempting to cut while still gaining mass. How practical is this? I mean, in a natural state I can verify that this is virtually impossible for me. I can cut, slowly, with LOTS of NYC and reduced calories and a very clean diet. I can bulk, or used to be able to, but tend to gain fat almost as fast as muscle/strength.

From what I gather a cutting cycle amounts to using gear to retain muscle mass while ramping up the metabolism. The result, I’m assuming, is very little gain in lean mass and lots of lost fat. How practical is it to gain a moderate amount of muscle and loose a bit of fat at the same time? Specifically, how hard is it to go from say 11% down to 8% bf while putting on 15lbs of muscle assuming the person is in the 210# range? If it's possible how do you do it?

Unless you are living in Bill Phillips body for life dreamland, you cant do this to any considerable degree. Why do you think everyone on this board talks about cutting and bulking? You think they just hadnt thought of the concept of doing both at the same time? No, no, there is no way to do this optimally for 99% of the population, maybe some genetic freak is out there who can do this, but I havent seen him. Concentrate on bulking, then cutting in cycles throughout the year, just like me, just like many on this board, and just like Arnold did.-WULF

Its possible to do a lot of things, but you have to factor in how much strain that is going to put on your body. Since its your first cycle you can expect some pretty drastic gains and dropping some bf while gaining lean mass wont be too hard as long as your cycle is in order.

go on how you feel , high protein all the way carbs approx 200 per day none after tea im 225 lbs 4-5% bf ready for nationals . ive gained all the way bodyweight has dropped 3 kg in 6 mths ,cardio as required and smart thinking , my female training partner has done the same she has been training only 8 mths ..

there are alot of diff factors that come into play here , how well do you know your body , ive trained 22 years

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah, you would think after 32 years I would have learned that I can have some of the things that I want some of the time, but not all of them all of the time.

I don't think fina is the right choice for me at this time. Thanks for the suggestion though! I have already learned how important diet is, I DEFINITELY struggle with this when trying to bulk, its just so much easier to up the calories while eating crappy...

I asked a similar question a few months ago - a few guys agreed that this was basicall only truly possible with GH.

NY1Muscle said:
I asked a similar question a few months ago - a few guys agreed that this was basicall only truly possible with GH.

If you have lots of cash GH will change your body comp while gaining muscle. When I use GH on a cycle I only gain a few pounds but my waist shrinks a few inches and I am alot leaner at the end. That usually never happens on a bulking cycle when I get sick of food and start eating junk like cheeseburgers and taco bell so I get enough calories in. GH works better the older you get though.

Its not that easy, if you slowly drop calories via diet, cut out the sugars it can be done, but dont expect it to be FAST as a diet where you don't care about losing muscle mass. Check the diet forum thats where you need to be, not in here.

Eliminate sugar from your diet (halts fat burning for 2-3 hours), and drop carbs significantly.

Top Bottom