Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking for advice!! :)

Kaceeraee

Hello! My name is kacee :)
So, my husband Recently got deployed and I started working out to keep busy while he's gone! Im really new to the whole working out and nutrition lifestyle. I feel like i dont know what im doing lol. I've been working out and eating healthy for about 6 weeks now, I've lost 4 pounds so far bringing my weight to 138. It seems I've been stuck at this weight for 2 weeks now and I can't seem to lose anymore! I'm 5'2 and my goal weight within the next 5 months is 120-125ish. I also want to tone my body and get some muscle to surprise my hubby with :).

What I need advice with is pretty much everything. How many hours a day should I work out and how many days a week? I feel like I'm not doing it right? I try and run 2-4 miles a day along with weights about 5-6 days a week. I eat pretty healthy, but I do tend to cheat once a week :/. Any body have any advice to give? Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone been in a similar situation?! All input is welcome! :)

Thanks in advance! :)

How much water are you drinking???
Cardio how much are you doing??
When hitting the weights don't be scared to go heavy, and don't get stuck with the same routine body get use to it and you won't see the change you want change it up every wk or 2...

How much water are you drinking???
Cardio how much are you doing??
When hitting the weights don't be scared to go heavy, and don't get stuck with the same routine body get use to it and you won't see the change you want change it up every wk or 2...

I drink water all day long. I bring a water bottle everywhere I go. I cut out all pop or anything like it. I run about 2-4 miles a day on a treadmill or an elliptical, depends on the day. And maybe that's my problem, I've been sticking with the same routine basically :/

Hey welcome chic, I will say never trust a scale if your building muscle and loosing bf at same time, due to muscle density it weighs more than fat so impossible to get a correct reading on the scale. Body fat callipers is the only way. I think your doing an amazing job and shouldn't be so hard on yourself as you know your body. You know what should and shouldn't be doing so you can't be far wrong one thing is like one the ladies mentioned increase weight as and when you can even a couple lb every other WO ,... Good luck. ;)

I feel like I'm having the same issue. I'm 140 lbs and I really don't look 140 lbs but of course I don't want weigh that much consciously. My goal is to get back to my normal weight of 125 lbs. I am also 5'2" just like you....so with that said in trying to wrk out but it's really hard when I have to take care of two girls of them being a baby. Let me know if you get any good advice.

Don't focus on the scale as much. It can be a great tool to help guide you, but can also be a demotivator at times. Your weight can change due to a variety of factors - water retention, salt intake, carb intake, when you worked out last, your sleep, etc. don't use your weight as your only indicator of progress.

Drinking water "all day long" - HOW MUCH? I can sip on a 16oz bottle "all day long" and not be hydrated. I am not saying you drink only 16oz, but to help you, real numbers and actual specific amounts are required.

Post up your specific diet - foods, how prepared, amounts, condiments, time you eat, etc. - more detail the better.

As far as cardio workout, look into changing a couple of your steady state runs into HIIT (high intensity interval training). this can be the change your body needs and is also a boost in attitude for me! I always feel INVINCIBLE after some good HIIT sessions!

Post up your weight routine too - we can tweak that if needed.

Top Bottom