Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Longer Bi's?

Disco Dave

Is there a bicep exercise that will give them length anymore than any other? Mine seem shorter than most peoples, would this be genetic or the way I train? I generally do straight barbell curls, twisted curls and hammer curls.
Any advice would be appreciated, it may just be that they're small!

Yes, muscle shape IS gentic. However, what you may actually want is more mass which is doable.

Do some work between 6 and 8 reps. Straight bar curls are a good start. I would lose the twisted curls if you are doing hammers. Consider adding preacher and incline DB curls.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is an incline dumb bell curl? And preachers come to that, I'm fairly new to the game, especially to bi's, I was told that you don't need to train them that hard, so I didn't, and now they're lagging! Also my right arm is bigger than my left, how can I remedy this? Should I persist so they'll grow in tandem or should I do more work on my left every workout until it catches up with my right?

Cheers Superfoot

Well, for incline DB curl, you would set a bench at about a 70-80deg incline and do sitting dumbell curls. These help prevent cheating. Now you can do these alternating or simultaneous.

For preachers, most gyms have a preacher curl machine that you would sit at and rest your upper arm on the pad. I'm guessing the angle is about 30deg from vertical. Commonly, people use a curl bar (shorter bent bar) for these.

Finally, as far as symmetry, your arms will even out on their own but try to follow these guidelines:
1. When doing barbell excersizes, concentrate on keeping the bar level and controlled.
2. When doing DB excersizes, use your weaker arm first, go to failure and don't do any more reps with your stronger arm than you did with your weaker arm. This way, your arms will even out on their own.

Also, Check this site out.

http://www.gymamerica.com/gti/exercise/exercise_animated_demo_index/

It shows the motion for different excersizes.

Top Bottom