Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Localized Protien Uptake with IGF?

crider

a lot of guys keep saying no localized growth with IGF but this says not so?

see below

Increased protein synthesis after acute IGF-I or insulin infusion is localized to muscle in mice
Tor H. Bark, Margaret A. McNurlan, Charles H. Lang, and Peter J. Garlick

Department of Surgery, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794-8191

The purpose of the present study was to determine the effect of acute administration of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) or insulin on in vivo protein synthesis in muscle and other organs in fasted mice and to compare this response with that produced by feeding. Recombinant IGF-I (3.3 nmol prime, 3.33 nmol/h) or insulin (0.056 nmol/h) was infused intravenously for 60 min along with glucose to prevent hypoglycemia. Fractional rates of tissue protein synthesis (FSR) were determined by injection of [2H5]phenylalanine (25 mg/100 g body wt, 40% enriched). Both IGF-I and insulin caused a 25% increase in FSR of heart (P < 0.001) and soleus muscle (P < 0.05) and a 65% increase in gastrocnemius and plantaris muscle (both P < 0.001), thus restoring rates to those seen in fed animals. A fivefold lower dose of IGF-I also stimulated protein synthesis in gastrocnemius muscle and heart (both P < 0.05) but not in soleus muscle. No significant effects of IGF-I on FSR were detected in liver, kidney, spleen, proximal small intestine, colon, lung, or brain. The results indicate that the ability of an overnight fast to decrease protein synthesis and the acute effects of insulin and IGF-I to stimulate protein synthesis are restricted to skeletal and cardiac muscles.

sorry now after the 4th time reading it I don't think it says anything about localized muscle growth with the IGF...

great so it only makes your heart and skeletal muscles grow... just wat i need... an enlarged heart :(

edit***--- however... the article does say the igf was administered IV... so maybe that is why it had an effect on the heart... that would make sense...

why would they admin IV instead of IM?

Top Bottom