Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Liver Helper Myth Destroyed

a couple questions for fonz

Your post has been highly effective in generating an interesting discussion if not terribly long in scientific presentation. First, where does the 600mg therapeutic dose recommendation come from? Secondly, Are you assuming that the stress on the liver comes entirely from oxidative stress?

I read the studies and find that silymarin has some real benefits and also see that ala has been effective in some but not all cases as well(oxidative stress). Perhaps one of the medical gurus here could educate us on the nature of endogenous AAS induced stress on the liver and we could judge for ourselves. BTW, I do not agree that ala is the magic bullet(show me the study!) and should be taken to the exclusion of all the other liver "restoratives." It might be interesting to see a combined study on the effect of a "cocktail" vs one over the other. This is not an uncommon result in medicine.

Fonz said:

I don't think you have to quote some ALA research to me. I've seen
pretty much all of it. 4+ years of taking it sort of does that.... :)

I see were you're coming from BUT while Milk Thistle might
work through other pathways, these pathways are so minor
that ultimately they will factour out as irrelevant.
There are basically 2 phases to liver processing. You cover
them both and you're set. ALA does this TOTALLY. So, again
whats the benefit of MT if ALA already covers all the
important pathways?

Fonz

Last edited:
Cranberry sucks worse than Milk Thistle!
Kidneys may be damaged through high BP and for
this it does nothing!

I don't think you have to quote some ALA research to me. I've seen pretty much all of it. 4+ years of taking it sort of does that....

I see were you're coming from BUT while Milk Thistle might
work through other pathways, these pathways are so minor
that ultimately they will factour out as irrelevant.
There are basically 2 phases to liver processing. You cover
them both and you're set. ALA does this TOTALLY. So, again
whats the benefit of MT if ALA already covers all the
important pathways?
4 years of swallowing a supplement does not an expert make. BTW, I posted it for everyone following this. Lets both agree that we believe ALA is the paramount liver protectant for our use.

Now, for the love of god, do you have any support for your claim above? What evidence do you have that any theraputic benifit from milk thistle will be irrelevent in the light of ALA? Also, you state that their are basically two phases to liver processing and ALA covers them "totally." Well, their are thousands of different ways to damage cells. ALA don't cover all of these. When (if) science finds a way to cover these totally, we will no longer have to worry about liver damage. My argument is that evidence seems to point to an overlap between the protective action of ALA and milk thistle. I have seen NO evidence that would suggest otherwise.

Look, if clear cut evidence was given to me that supported your claims I'd be satisfied knowing milk thistle was pure bunk. I have nothing to gain by supporting its use and something to gain by not buying the stuff. Fonz, I mean no disrespect what so ever. But as I said before, I feel you have given us nothing more than conjecture with your statements in this post.

What about Liv 52, is this any use or should i stop wasting my money on this product aswell as the milk thistle??

Mick

Oh finally!!!
It's over a year I say only Glutathione works on liver.
Now a little step haed is done.
I hope that you soon will open your eyes and see that ALA and the other are just water for the 177aa attack on your liver.
Trust me guys.

Hold on a sec...ALA is Lipoic Acid?...Always though it was A
Lot of
Alcohol

explains why everytime i'm on a heavy oral cycle i always get gingivitus, oops, i mean jaundice!

Dodged that one didn't I?

Thugster

I use and like liv52

I have a liver that seems to be very sensitive to stress and liv 52 seems to help(anecdotal), on their website they make several references to studies done that support the use of liv52.

It's over a year I say only Glutathione works on liver.

I have read alot of research where glutathione is very beneficial to alcoholics and also helps to prevent liver damage from other toxins as well. I would not venture so far as to say that it is the only liver protector though.

Top Bottom