Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Large land owners.. I need some advice here

Razorguns said:
your career.

or savings, until you figure out what's the best usage for it. few americans have savings, but tons of debt. that limits their options in life.

r

no definately not my career, I am moving out of state and would like to just sit on the land, leasing it out somehow and just letting the value rise until the area is more developed

Water/mineral rights, easements, right-of-ways, surveys, ect. Land is a good investment although look at it as a long term. Just watch that you can cover payments, taxes, ect. while waiting to turn it. If you haven't done it already, make sure there's a contract in place with all participants with the stipulations clearly outlined. When a group makes an investment purchase they all won't have the same idea as to the outcome. If you want to divide your 50 acres into 5 acre ranchettes to appeal to yuppies and the next guy wants to put an office complex on his dirt it will have a drastic effect on each other.

BNG said:
Water/mineral rights, easements, right-of-ways, surveys, ect. Land is a good investment although look at it as a long term. Just watch that you can cover payments, taxes, ect. while waiting to turn it. If you haven't done it already, make sure there's a contract in place with all participants with the stipulations clearly outlined. When a group makes an investment purchase they all won't have the same idea as to the outcome. If you want to divide your 50 acres into 5 acre ranchettes to appeal to yuppies and the next guy wants to put an office complex on his dirt it will have a drastic effect on each other.

thank you that is very good advice.. as for the contracts, I will be purchasing the land 100% in my name and then selling the parts to a friend and transfering the deed to his name so it will be 2 sales not really going into one together

mightymouse69 said:
where I live 1/4 acre is 250,000...I develop outhouses

land where I live is no where close to what you guys probably pay.. I'm from midwest!

the_clockwork said:
land where I live is no where close to what you guys probably pay.. I'm from midwest!

We do land development. You can take yor money and invest it in a development project:

Here's an example: One of our projects

Say you invest: $500,000
Investor rate: 15%: Annual return Paid monthly, this is paid interest on your money

Closing date: 7/31/07

Borrower: Be*** Gre*** Partners, LP

Guarantors: Be*** Gre*** Partners, LP and Bl** Su***** Development, LLC

Purpose: To provide financing for entitlment of a 12,000-15,000 sf retail center in Or***** CA

Aprraised Value: $4,5000,000 hypothetical value at a 6.5% CAP with $2.00 sf NNN lease

Collateral: The future value of the property and personally guaranteed by Be**** Gre**** Partners, LLP

Investor term: 18 months

Return Reserve: Interest only, paid monthly

Payment Guarantee: All partners of Be**** Gr**** Partners, LP

Min Commitment: $50,000

Exit Strategy: Investor lenders will be repaid once the construction loan is secured

So you can invest in a project like this or set up your land in this scenario (if development is allowed) collect 15% interst on your money monthly, still have you initial investment upon exit which you could 1031 into another project and keep it rolling. You could even take a loan to buy your property at say 10% or so, still be 5% to the good on your investment and right the interest of against your income on your investment.
PM me I'll send you some general info

Where is it? Why is it available? What is the price? What was planned there? Why did it not happen? Who owns it now? For how long? What is it zoned for? Can you get it rezoned? Access roads? Overall access? Roads, water, electric, etc...
What are your plans for a site this big?

yonkers weights said:
Where is it? Why is it available? What is the price? What was planned there? Why did it not happen? Who owns it now? For how long? What is it zoned for? Can you get it rezoned? Access roads? Overall access? Roads, water, electric, etc...
What are your plans for a site this big?

lol all thesse questions are answered in my first and 2nd posts

nothings been on it never planned to.. been in a family forever

I think marijuana zoning would work, that way you can develop people to counsel.

Can you do that? I have a really nice bridge in Brooklyn you might want to consider! It was freshly painted in 1947.

:santa:

Top Bottom