Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keto Help

MindGame

hi i am starting a keto diet for 1month,trying to loose maybe 10lbs of fat ,coming of a bulk diet,i heard that the first week of keto is mostly water ,subcutaneou water or something anyway i am like 160-165 i sould if been higher in weight i dunno why,first 2weeks of bulking i felt heavy and bloated eating every thing in site:p than it kinda slowed down,but seen results on shoulders/trapz/back:) anyway i am starting a keto diet
i think it was TKD i would consume 160-180 protein and about 130fat /0 carbs and than do carb load up at saturday until sunday 6pm.....i was wondering am i take in enough fat? here is my meals

bfast-2whole eggs,3eggwhites,3bacon strips
meal2-tuna with mayo
meal3-tuna with mayo
meal4-(postworkout) protein shake,and 1tbsp olive oil
meal5-tuna with mayo/steak/hotdogs i dunno yet:)
meal6-chicken breast,1tbsp olive oil

thx i am like 160-165,last time i cutt i went down to 138 which was 2months ago:p,but wow it was hard trying to loose once u slowed down after 2weeks of cutting,and 138 i was only seeing some abs:/ hopefully the keto diet should work wonders,i am only looking to get down to 150,gonna do alot of ab workout,since lower gut was the hardest to loose,BULKING DIET WAS FUN but now its time to cutt:)

here is day1 pics,i will take next pics end of week to see if any change or something:)...i will keep u guys updated:)

You might want to drop you protein back and increase your fat a little, especially if you're doing weekend carb-ups. If you're aiming for 12x body weight you could try 130 protein and 160 fat. If you're aiming for 10x bodyweight then keep the protein about the same and drop the fat a titch.

I'm going to echo some of what MS said...
According to the diet you listed below (assuming you mix 1tbsp of mayo and eat steak-m5 + 1/2 can tuna/M2,3,5 + 6 oz chicken breast), you are eating about 75 g of fat and around 150 g protein. Which is not a feasible ratio Fat/Protein, in order to reach Ketosis. As a result of your high protein intake, you are kept out of Ketosis. Remember, up to 40% of protein can and usually is (with overconsumption) converted to glucose. So, you are basically having about "60"g glucose a day. Which will certainly keep you out of Ketosis by re-filling your liver with glycogen.
A) IN ORDER TO GET INTO 'KETOSIS':days (1-3, until in trace -> moderate ketonic state)
1)muliply >bodyweight x 12 = (X1)
EX: 100lb x 12 = 1200 cal
2) Multiply> bodyweight x .4 g/protein=(X2)
-> multipy (X2) by 4, which equals amount of cal from protein...ex: 100lb x .4 = 40g (protein a day) x 4=160cal from protein
3)Subtract > X1 - X2 = (X3) Cal in fat needed
ex: 1200 - 160=1040cal
4) Divide> X3 divided by 9 = grams of fat a day needed
ex: 1040 divided 9=115 g fat
->you see, here the ratio is about 3:1 fat/protein
IN ORDER TO STAY IN 'KETOSIS' and NOT "burn" muscle, use the following equation:days (3-6)
1)muliply >bodyweight x 12 = (X1)
EX: 100lb x 12 = 1200 cal
2) Multiply> bodyweight x .9 g/protein=(X2)
-> multipy (X2) by 4, which equals amount of cal from protein...ex: 100lb x .9 = 90g (protein a day) x 4=360cal from protein
3)Subtract > X1 - X2 = (X3) Cal in fat needed
ex: 1200 - 360=840cal
4) Divide> X3 divided by 9 = grams of fat a day needed
ex: 840 divided 9=93 g fat
C)DAY 7: CARB-UP

This should answer you question about 'low-protein' and muscle loss. With this 'calculation', you have approx. 1:1 ration fat/protein in days 3-6 in order to maintain muscle mass. Since, once in Ketosis, it is very hard to be thrown out by simple increase in protein, you can stay in the 1:1 ratio.
My2cents
Mr.X
---------------------------------------------------
bfast-2whole eggs,3eggwhites,3bacon strips
meal2-tuna with mayo
meal3-tuna with mayo
meal4-(postworkout) protein shake,and 1tbsp olive oil
meal5-tuna with mayo/steak/hotdogs i dunno yet
meal6-chicken breast,1tbsp olive oil
-----------------------------------------------------:cool: :cool:

Yup, Mr X's recipe looks good to me. You can get into ketosis on higher protein intake if you hit the weights and cardio early in the week, and use glucose disposal agents such as ALA/insulin etc.... but going very low protein like MR X said will get you there quicker. Once you're in ketosis you can increase your protein.
Your muscle loss should be minimal, just be sure you don't do any heavy weights after day 2 of your keto phase (or whenever you enter mild ketosis).

you are at 168,and 2 months ago you were at 138?
that sounds really inconsistent.
How much are you training?

I doubt such inconsistent dieting could ever lead to long standing gains or losses.

I see this behaviour so much,especially with the popularity of the keto diets.perhaps a better idea is to up the training and decrease your carb intake for a few weeks prior to ketosis.eat your carbs in the morning (post cardio,pref walking for 40 or more minutes),and try to keep intake of carbs wieghted more towards vegs(although not completly ruling out High GI carbs for post workout sesions).
You could easily slam yourself into ketosis and loose 10 pounds for a few weeks,at that point you will either go off the diet or plateau.
seems like this is the case for about 80% of the people i have meet on "bulk" and then CUT with keto diets.

I agree with you 100% playazdub. I don't think cyclical keto diets are good for you in the long term, and I generally don't recommend them. However I have come to accept that it is human nature to want it all and want it now. CKD fits this bill for a lot of folks because they see rapid weight loss. In the vast majority of cases that I've seen the fat comes back on with a vengeance once they stop the diet. However the guy said he was gonna do a keto diet, so we're just trying to make sure it's as effective as possible for his weight loss goals. No doubt if it were me I would do what you said, and gain some muscle while losing some fat. Yoyo dieting is not healthy!

Top Bottom