Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

keto diet and post workout?

mikejhl

ive done a search, but not much turned up. im just wondering if:

1. any carbs should be consumed after a workout while on a keto diet?
2. and if they should be high GI or low GI?
3. how many grams?

The point isn't to have no carbs, but to limit your intake to a minimal amount. I personally on occassion do have a small amount of carbs after a workout and can still maintain ketosis. Just need to find your balance. It's different for everyone.

unless your doing a TKD i beleive you can have carbs post workout or was it before Workout...Check on Mr X articles for more infomation

D00fy said:
unless your doing a TKD i beleive you can have carbs post workout or was it before Workout...Check on Mr X articles for more infomation

this is correct. while you may be temporarily knocked out of ketosis from the carbs but you'll go back to ketosis shortly.

BiggerisBetter said:
sorry, the whole point of a keto diet is no carbs
personally that is why i'll never do a keto diet

Sapphire is correct. I think you might be confusing a keto diet with an Atkins or Protein Power diet. They are similar, but not the same thing.

I'd say no more than 20g while in your first 5 days then increase for your carb up days. There's a great thread in here somewhere but I can't find it right now...I'll keep looking.

The thread broke down the ketogenic diet by daily percentages and helped to figure out your BMR and AMR in order to calculate daily caloric intake.....it also talked about Phenyltropic PPA....anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Top Bottom