Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this true or close to the truth?

fistfullofsteel

Less than 5% of the world's population lives in the USA but we consume more than 50% of the world's cocaine. The money that USA spends on alcohol rivals the amount the USA spends on its national defense, which is in the billions. Over 15 million are diagnosed with clinical depression in the USA and over $500 million is spent on antidepressants.

I am skeptical of statistics sometimes but if it is true, why do you think we are like this?
:confused: :confused:

Take a look at the club, party board, and all I read about is drugs and drinking at a club or somewhere else. It's kind of sad I think, maybe it's none of my business but I still care about my countrymen or countrywomen. Or maybe I shouldn't care?

It is sad. People have a hard time facing reality. I never had the urge to use drugs so I really don't know what they do to you except for what I have read. It's just not for me. The statistics are alarming though!

The 5 % number is true. I would imagine the others are probably close as well.

But remember when dealing in percentages you have to go against the relative basis for the information. That's why it is more meaningful to judge a home price by the Median than the average price. Capice?

we spend $384 billion annually (i'm sure that is close to the 2001 budget) on weapons of war. That would mean, on average, every american (man, woman, child, elderly) spends $1000 a year on alcohol, something i doubt. I remember Milhoule talking about how he sometimes managed to spend $300 a night in a bar, so he is bending the average.

Plus, a case of beer is $14. 14 x 52 = 728. So i guess it is semi-realistic.

Me, i'm economical. In indiana you can get 56 oz of whiskey for $12.99.

HumorMe said:
It is sad. People have a hard time facing reality. I never had the urge to use drugs so I really don't know what they do to you except for what I have read. It's just not for me. The statistics are alarming though!

I'm not a regular drug user of any sort, but I must say reality is a matter of perception anyway. I think your decision not to use drugs is admirable, but if you tried some of them you would understand a lot more about why people do them. Life is hard. It always has been. For all the moments of true happiness and elation there's so much more that is boring drudgery of worse. People have used drugs of one form or another ever since the beginning of mankind to deal with this. Amen.

WODIN said:
The 5 % number is true. I would imagine the others are probably close as well.

But remember when dealing in percentages you have to go against the relative basis for the information. That's why it is more meaningful to judge a home price by the Median than the average price. Capice?

I'm not buying a house though.

Nodstrom, I know at least 5-7 people without even really thinking about it off the top of my head that spend at least $1000 on alcohol a year.

fistfullofsteel said:

I'm not buying a house though.

Nodstrom, I know at least 5-7 people without even really thinking about it off the top of my head that spend at least $1000 on alcohol a year.

but everybody would have to spend $1200 a year on alcohol. Babies, the elderly, etc.

There are about 16-18 million alcoholics, so i can see them spending $3000 a year each, but i don't know where the other 300 billion dollars goes.

Are we nation of bunch of wimps? That's if you believe that a person is sort of wimpy if a person does drugs and drinks to escape their problems. Maybe we like to party alot, but maybe we like to party not just to have fun but to also escape our daily selves. But what if the partying becomes a part of our daily selves?

Top Bottom