Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there documentation that shows a link of AAS with birth defects?

I have an friend in his mid 40's that was perscribed test for low sex drive. His doctor said that it is fine if he has kids while on it, and thats part of the reason his doctor gave it to him. His girl wanted to have one, and he wasnt up to par in the sack like he used to be. Mainly that he was never in the mood. His doc also gave him calias. He's had one kid now, and they are planning on having another one. Hes going to start the test again before they start trying.

I dont see why your wifes doctor told her that.

Ulcasterdropout said:
maybe she's lying to get you off the sauce....

I was thinking that also, or the doc. was lying because he thinks the AAS will cause harm to you. Either way, I have never heard of brith defects being caused by using. I have had 2 children while on: tren, test,EQ, and Dbol. I would think any internet search you try would turn up something if it is true.

Ulter said:
Any doctor who said that should have his license taken away. That's utter nonsense. AS affects the number of sperm you produce, not the quality. You might remind him that over a million men shoot test every week that is prescribed to them by their endocrinologists in this country. And all without incidence of birth defects as a result. That's just stupid to say.

Good post man. I am in the same kind of boat here and really want to make sure I am not going to mess anything up with my kids but it's hard to find factual information. Everything is so slanted. I hope this post continues because I bet there are a ton of guys wondering this very thing.

We need a big sticky that explains all these types of things and where that info came from such as...
1) Gear does not cause birth defects or sterilization IF used correctly and then provide facts and sources for that info.

2) Roid Rage does not exist...etc, etc.

That way each newbie can be directed to the top of the first page to read this and be at the very least educated on gear weather they cycle or not. That might help spread the word about use vs. abuse.

(hey that ryhmed....I'm a poet and didn't even know it :artist: )

wayneboard1 said:
2) Roid Rage does not exist...etc, etc.

I am not sure about you but i have some 1st hand experience on roid rage. Seeing how your hormones are up and down, some of it lethargic some of it not.. it affects your mood and the way you feel.

they are trying to get the FDA to approve 200mg of test enth a week to replace a man's normal test levels; helping create a male conceptive

mts198 said:
they are trying to get the FDA to approve 200mg of test enth a week to replace a man's normal test levels; helping create a male conceptive

using testosterone as a male contraceptive will never be approved. It has been tried many times, but the occurence of birth is simply too high for it to be prescribed as a contraceptive.

"using testosterone as a male contraceptive will never be approved. It has been tried many times, but the occurence of birth is simply too high for it to be prescribed as a contraceptive."
I know that..i was just stating a fact that if they are testing it out on men, im sure they wouldnt do it if it did cause birth defects

Mammoth2500 said:
I am not sure about you but i have some 1st hand experience on roid rage. Seeing how your hormones are up and down, some of it lethargic some of it not.. it affects your mood and the way you feel.

i have to say there are studies shown that high test levels increase rage in many animals.. I wouldnt say i have experienced it but it is real!

i have a friend that was "On" while he got is wife pregnant. The baby had all kinds of deformities including web feet. The baby died 4 months later. The doctor told him that it was probably caused from his use of steroids. but who knows im not a doctor. He stopped taking gear for about 5 years and has three normal children now. I dont know what to think about it. I dont have kids yet and hope this doesnt happen to me

I would say that a lower sperm count in theory could increase the occurrence of birth defects, but the fact is that if that's the case then a 50 year old man who wears tight underwear would have a higher chance of fathering a child with a birth defect.

The long and short of it is this: although there may be some statistical evidence somewhere that none of us have seen, the rate of birth defects caused by the actions of the mother must be nearly a 1000 times higher if not more. Why is that? Well, even if an exogenous substance affects the sperm, the sperm still has to travel to the egg. Mutated sperm has less chance of making the journey. That's a safeguard installed by Mother Nature. Obviously it might not work every time, but between that and the fact that the mother often may be using some sort of drug without knowing she's pregnant within the first crucial trimester, well it's obvious that blaming birth defects on men is probably more feminist idealogy and junk science than fact. As I was alluding to, the only way that AAS IMO can cause a birth defect is by diminishing the chance of quality sperm reaching the egg and that's a longshot at best.

Top Bottom