Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Soy protein bad for u ?

If you ask most doctors, they will tell you that it is fine in moderation. They will also say that excessive amounts of any kind of protein are useless and possibly harmful. Doctors don't know shit about sports nutrition usually.

Most of the people who badmouth soy don't really back up their claims with studies, references, or facts. Most claim that soy decreases testosterone and/or increases estrogen.

Some articles say that soy helps to regulate both mens' and womens' sex hormones.

Confusing, eh?

Here is what I have been able to determine so far:
1. Soy hinders the breakdown of testosterone into other hormones testosterone is a precurser of (an example is DHT). This supposedly reduces the risk of prostate cancer and hair-loss. This came from a study that I REALLY DID READ. PROMISE! :) It could be a study promoted by the soy industry, however.

2. There are some supposed studies (that I have not been able to locate) that correlate soy protein supplementation with declines in testosterone in human men.

3. Soy supposedly boosts a user's metabolism.

4. The government supposedly changed protein biological quality assesment standards in order to promote soy.

I would like to know the exact truth. Until I get evidence in front of me (gynomastia?), I will continue to use soy occasionally, in moderation, only in isolate form. A tofu (tofu made with soy isolate) blender shake every once in a while never hurt anyone, right?

Soy Isolate is the only good Soy Protein for you. It is a recommended protein when cutting bodyfat.

Don't take Soy Concentrate. This is the bad soy everyone is talking about.

Go to www.proteinfactory.com for info on protein supps and bodybuilding

Top Bottom