Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is my new diet good?

Reyza

I am 22 years old, and I have always been skinny, and able to eat anything I wanted, but when I turned 21, my weight has changed dramatically from 105 to 127lbs, I have a constant need to eat, but I eat way too much carbs and fat food. I have joined a gym, but I have not changed my habits in the eating department. My brother has set a new diet for me, which it goes as follow:
7am - 2 egg whites and one whole egg with dry toast, 1glass of orange Juice.

9:30-10am Banana w/ non-fat yogurt

11:30-12pm Slim fast

1pm Salad with grilled chicken

3:30-4pm Balance Bar

Dinner- Fish or Steak with a liitle rice...water or juice

night snack- Non-fat yogurt (2hours before bed)

Can you please tell me if this is good for me or should I do something else. I need your help to tone and flatten my tummy. This is my first post so I'm be anxious to hear from you. Thanks

How tall are you and what's your BF%? I think this diet looks a little too low in total calories, and not enough good fats (flax oil, olive oil, etc.). You also need more complex carbs and leafy veggies. Slim-Fast has sugars in it and I think it's junk-food, personally.

If you eat too little, you're body will get used to it and slow down your metabolism.

Do a search and take a look at the Women's Board for more info.

Dear Reyza,

I am going to assume that you are a woman, hence, if I am wrong please forgive me.

First, let's figure out your BMR (basal metabolic rate)
127lbs x 12 = 1500 cal a day.
Now, I see that you have 7 meals, I am counting snacks as meals. At a first glance the diet looked good, but there are some things I would change.
I would change my night snack from Yogurt to something like a protein shake, or an egg or two.
I would also change the dry toast and orange juice in the morning for oatmeal. In addition, you should add Flaxseed oil to your diet. You can purchase it at a local GNC or online at www.proteinfactory.com
Flaxseed oil is a very good source of Omega-3 fats, which will make your body a more efficient fat-burning "machine. I would add 3 tbsp a day, morning/noon/night.

As far as the rest of the diet, it looks really clean to me. I counted about 1100-1300 cal. That is around 15-20% below maintenance, which is a guarantee for fat-loss. Just remember, if you feel too sluggish and uncomfortable on this diet, then you surely need to change some things.

P.S. I would change the SLIM fast, to a protein shake with a tbsp. Flaxseed oil. (I have a personal issue with Slim-Fast and their lying ways)
Mr.X:cool:

keiko said:
How tall are you and what's your BF%? I think this diet looks a little too low in total calories, and not enough good fats (flax oil, olive oil, etc.). You also need more complex carbs and leafy veggies. Slim-Fast has sugars in it and I think it's junk-food, personally.

If you eat too little, you're body will get used to it and slow down your metabolism.

Do a search and take a look at the Women's Board for more info.

Keiko...I'm 5'7'' and I'm not sure I know what BF% is, sorry I'm new at this, I thought I would never have to watch what I eat? So you think that SLIM fast is junk? That's interensting I'm getting all diiferent reactions from people when it comes to SLIM fast, I like that it has vitamins and calcium, which I never get alot. I've following my food schedule like I explained before, and for lunch I had grilled chicken salad, and to be hosnet with you I'm hungry. Any tips on lunch? Thank you so much for your reply.

Mr.X Hi...I am a female Thank you for replying to my email. Thank you for your advise on SLIM fast, but how can I substitute the Vitamins and Calcium that SLIM fast provides? Is it a lie? Anyway about the Flaxseed oil, I mix that with my food? Is that how I use it? To be honest with you I don't really have time to eat a night time snack because I get home late and I don't like to sleep on a full stomach. Do you have any tips for lunch? I love to eat and snack Please help!!!

;)

Mr X. Sorry I was just readind my question to you in regards to the Flaxseed Oil, of course I mix it in my food and not my body :) what I meant was, in which kinds of food should I mix it in?

That sounds better I think :D

Hi Reyza. First of all I would agree that the slimfast is not a good food for you. It is easy to take a multi vitamin and a separate mineral supplement (zinc, magnesium and calcium is a good combo). Just make yourself a protein shake with a tablespoon of flaxseed oil mixed in, and use this to wash down your vitamins. Hunger is tougher to get under control. Drink water all day long and in large quantities. Exercise curbs your appetite. You can take appetite suppressants. You can munch on celery. In fact my biggest criticism of your diet is that it is completely lacking in fibrous vegetables. I would rather see you eating veggies instead of the fruit. The veggies are very filling. Have veggies with every meal if possible.
I like to make a large salad and use flaxseed oil to make a lemon/oil/garlic dressing. Not everyone can handle the taste of flaxseed. Olive oil is another one to try, and it makes GREAT salad dressings! You can also use olive oil to lightly stirfry your meat or veggies.

Top Bottom