Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is my diet ok considering what I need to accomplish?

letsrun4it

I am currently: 5'11" 212lb and 20% (hydro tested started at 26%). I have 7 months until I'm going to compete in my first bodybuilding show.

Here is my current diet:

Meal 1: 5oz chicken breast, half can black beans, green beans or broccoli
Meal 2: 6 turkey Meatballs (16g fat, 32g protein, 10 carbs) + 1 slice ezekial bread
Meal 3:5oz chicken breast, half can black beans, green beans/broccoli
Meal 4:6 turkey Meatballs (16g fat, 32g protein, 10 carbs) + 1 slice ezekial bread
Meal 5:5oz chicken breast, half can black beans, green beans or broccoli
Meal 6:5oz chicken breast, half can black beans, green beans or broccoli

Total cals= about 2200

Since I have so much to go should I cut out the ezekial bread? Every week I'm changing my protein and carb every week (next week might be steak and yams) but it's always green beans or broccoli for the veggie.

I will also some days consume 1-2 42g whey proteins

I do 45 min of cardio in the morning M-F
25 minutes of cardio + weights in the evenings M-F
weekends off from exercise but not diet

Am I on the right path? I've never really made a run at being lean before so I'm trying to do things the best way possible. If you think this diet is ok or if you offer a suggestion let me know at what point (either by body fat % or by weeks out from competition) I should become more restrictive.

Hi,

I wouldn't cut out the Ezekial bread.

7 months is a LONG time to diet, and you are on REALLY LOW calories for someone your weight.

How did you decide on that amount of calories?

Seven months out as well, I would make sure you have a cheat meal every weekend.

A couple of questions,

- turkey meatballs, are you making them yourself?

- why are so many meals the same? There is a bonus to knowing what you are going to eat, but the same thing day in and day out for seven months?

You do want to think about the psychological aspect of dieting as well.

Have you worked out how many grams of carbs, protein and fat you are eating?

I agree! you're too far to start cutting things out. However, I would replace the bread (as Tat suggested to cu) with whole food carbs, such as vegetables, oats, yams. These will help you build and it will make it easier to cut later on.

Top Bottom