Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

intro & WSB question

DOM

Hi, I'm new to the board.

I'm 18 years old, 5'7, 140 lbs. I've been lifting casually for a couple of years, and I just got really serious about powerlifting in the last two months.I bench 235 raw, don't know my squat or DL maxes because I just started training these lifts a couple of months ago and I'm not comfortable going that heavy yet. I'd like to start going to some competitions, but I can't find any nearby. I'm in MN so if any of you guys know what the powerlifting scene is like here, shoot me an email.

I read all the articles on www.elitefts.com on WSB method, and I've used it for my bench routine for the last two months, and I hope to start the squat and DL workouts soon, too. I want to buy some of the videos, so I can get a better feel for the routine and the forms of some of the exercises -- I feel like I'm doing the whole workout pretty sloppily just now, but it's very different so it takes some getting used to. Anyway, I'm definitely going to get the bench press workout video, and I'm wondering if any of you would recommend getting the bench press secrets video or JM Blakely's building the perfect beast? Are they worth buying along with the workout videos?

Anyway, I'm just introducing myself, and hope to learn a lot here. Any advice is appreciated.

Get the westside tapes first. You will get a much better feel for how to structure your owkrouts with the tapes. Also, what are you waiting for on the sq&dl stuff?? Get moving young man!!

i agree with 1 dawg get the basic tapes, train using them, then get the more technical tapes. start squatting and pulling

Top Bottom