Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Inspiration!

B

buksoon

Last night I watched a Dateline NBC repeat about Ellen MacArthur. She is the tiny little woman who sailed solo around the world. Without a trace of vanity, she has become a hero.

And my god!! What she overcame!!! The pounding waves off South Antarctica, the never-ending boat mishaps (having to change sails, which can weigh as much as a car when factoring the awesome wind), the fatigue (not more than 1 hour of sleep at a time for 3 months), privations, loneliness....

You can read about her on the Internet! If you have any other "awesome, inspirational women" stories, post 'em here!!

You should read Clare Francis' book--she was the first woman to sail, solo, around the globe. And she's a terrific writer.

Two women who have really inspired me are:

1) Sally Ride - first chick in space! (I was an astronomy/physics major in college)

2) Pasqualena Mitchell - first female wheelchair bb competitor to get her pro card (IFBB). I looked for a good pic of her and description but couldn't find any... My old trainer knows her very well. She was paralyzed in an car accident (?) at age 17. She's ripped as shit! My old trainer was telling me that this past year she came to his gym and got out of her wheelchair and walked a few steps to him with a walker. This is a pretty damn strong testament to the power of positive thinking, hard work and determination.

Top Bottom