Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Inositol

LJ76

After reading all the good things about Inositol for anxiety, especially from GaryWary, I decided to give it a try. I just got a bottle of 300g this morning. I'm currently taking Clonopin (0.5mg twice per day). I'm wondering if it's OK to take a few grams of Inositol along with the Clonopin or if this would be a bad idea? Any thoughts? Thanks.

I too read all kinds of good things about inositol.......Well I bought some gaba plus(it has inositol in it) I have been taking a total of 15 pills per day it comes out to about 9 grams of inositol and I haven`t noticed anything different.........I`m going to try a different brand to see if I can get any results.......

I have been taking 5-htp and it has worked great for my anxiety.....I use the natrol brand........

To better answer your question you might want to ask your doctor about mixing things like that........

Ok, I'm going to put off taking the Clonopin. I just got the RX yesterday anyway. I'm going to go ahead and take the Inositol, probably 2g/ 3-4 times per day. I'll post the results of it in a few days.

LJ76 said:
Ok, I'm going to put off taking the Clonopin. I just got the RX yesterday anyway. I'm going to go ahead and take the Inositol, probably 2g/ 3-4 times per day. I'll post the results of it in a few days.
trust me-klonopin WILL WORK-inositol MAY work

diamonddiceclay said:
trust me-klonopin WILL WORK-inositol MAY work

I totally agree with you on that. I decided to take the Klonopin(0.5mg twice per day) plus Inositol (1500mg three times per day). I'm already feelingly remarkably better. I know it's probably better to take one at a time to see which one works and/or which one works best but I went ahead with both anyway. Nonetheless, I feel alot better. I can't decide if I should eventually ween myself off the Clonopin and take the Inositol.

Ok, the Clonopin has made a mess of my short term memory and I feel really mentally sluggish. It works for the anxiety but the side effects are too much to take, especially as I am in college and need all the cognitive functioning I can have. I think I'm going to drop the Clonopin and go full ahead with the Inositol. How much of the Inositol should I go about taking?

GaryWary? Where are you?

Ignore the handle - I am Gary Wary.........

Inositol dose - 2g - 10g.. start on 2g.. 2 days later if you feel no improvement take 4g.. if you feel no improvement - try 6g.. after a week if you feel no improvement just take one a day until you run out (it is a good supplement to take anway). No response in 1 week means you have depression/anxiety not responsive to inositol - sorry. Remember, SSRI's like Prozac don't work for everyone!

I currently use:

inositol/choline 3g of each per day
L-Tyrosine 1.5g per day
during the week I eat plenty of Fava Beans (ordinary Broad Beans) and/or Velvett Beans (Indian shops) - both contain large amounts (I mean large) of L-dopa..
50mg 5HTP before bed per day
2 x Strong B-Complex per day

Last edited:
Top Bottom