Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

In deep shit advice needed

finasterided

Hi guys
I'm 33 and took propecia for hair loss fior a few years with in retrospect sides of ed, low libido and brain fog. Last year I cycled on and off the stuff a couple of times which might have made things worse, was self-medicating, before finally a two month run at the end of last year put me in hell.

Basically I had depression and poor libido then, when quitting on finally realising why, stopped the stuff and 'crashed' three weks later with awful ED and fatigue, insomnia, muscle wastage. Lost a stone in two months, put it back on in abdominal fat.

I am trying to get TRT, here are my last bloods:

Total Test: 10.36 (scale 10-36)
SHBG: 23 (6-45)
LH 3.4 (1-12)
FSH 2.5 (1-12)
TSH 1.2 (0.2-5)
Free t4 15 (9-21)
Prolactin 116 (0-500)
Serum B12 204 (155-1100)
Cortisol 218 (280-720)

Anything stand out as to why I'm so screwed with muscle loss and total ed? What should I do next?

Hi guys
I'm 33 and took propecia for hair loss fior a few years with in retrospect sides of ed, low libido and brain fog. Last year I cycled on and off the stuff a couple of times which might have made things worse, was self-medicating, before finally a two month run at the end of last year put me in hell.

Basically I had depression and poor libido then, when quitting on finally realising why, stopped the stuff and 'crashed' three weks later with awful ED and fatigue, insomnia, muscle wastage. Lost a stone in two months, put it back on in abdominal fat.

LH 3.4 (1-12)
FSH 2.5 (1-12)
TSH 1.2 (0.2-5)
Free t4 15 (9-21)
Prolactin 116 (0-500)
Serum B12 204 (155-1100)
Cortisol 218 (280-720)

Anything stand out as to why I'm so screwed with muscle loss and total ed? What should I do next?
Echoing what the previous posters said, with two caveats:
1. Try to find an endo that has an interest in andropause. While you're too young for that, you want someone who gets the fact that the low end of many hormones means the difference between feeling happy versus totally not giving a shit.

2. Go immediately to the nearest vitamin/health food store and find yourself sprayable B12 (the tablets are shit). Start taking a shot or two (oral absorption of B12 is very limited) of that every morning under your tongue. Your B12 is EXTREMELY low. While that may not impact ED, it sure as hell can make your life horrible, causing depression, all sorts of sleep disorders (fatigue and insomnia), and generally draining any joy for life right out of you. While a doctor could put you on injectible B12 unless you have some mitigating health problems (celiac sprue, Crohn's disease, IBS, ileitis/colitis) there's no reason why you can't do the oral and it is something you can do right now that will make you feel better.

Hi guys

LH 3.4 (1-12)
FSH 2.5 (1-12)
TSH 1.2 (0.2-5)
Free t4 15 (9-21)
Prolactin 116 (0-500)
Serum B12 204 (155-1100)
Cortisol 218 (280-720)

Welcome to the club, I have the same issues. Visit propeciahelp.com, find an endo specializing in hrt (pm me), and get your dht tested. Propecia obliterates dht which is what makes you feel like half a man. btw, the rest of your tests look low...do you have baseline levels from before the propecia use?

Welcome to the club, I have the same issues. Visit propeciahelp.com, find an endo specializing in hrt (pm me), and get your dht tested. Propecia obliterates dht which is what makes you feel like half a man. btw, the rest of your tests look low...do you have baseline levels from before the propecia use?

No baseline tests unfortunately, yeah I think I may have adrenal fatigue and low thyroid certainly have the symptoms. Don't know how big muscle loss comes into this. Yeah pm me the details please.

wow that sucks, I value my muscles more than I do my hair and supplement my test.

just a qiuck test for your adrenals..take a flashlight into the bathroom and turn off the light so your eyes dialate. Shine the light into the side of your eye. If your pupils hesitate slightly to adjust to the light then its a sign your adrenals may be fatigued.
Also if you have a blood pressure cuff, take your blood pressure while lying down for about 5-10 minutes. Then stand up and immediately check it again. If your diastolic number drops 10-20 points then your adrenals arent working right.

If I were you, I'd get some DHEA right away and start taking 50mg a day. If this doesn't help, try taking 100mgs per day. DHEA will raise your DHT levels and help you feel much, much better. Take b12 too. Good luck Bro!

Top Bottom