Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

improving creatine taste

thinarms

I've tried a few different creatine products like Celltech, GNC Creadrive. All of them were tasting bad to me, so I started to put a banana in my shake to improve the taste which worked pretty well. I wonder if I'm decreasing the effect of creatine by doing that (decreasing the solvability...)
What are your methods of improving the taste if anyone has?

I dont know how you could inprove taste of creatine since the only creatine ive had is prolabs creapure, which is tasteless. Im guessing you could mix it with grape juice or apple juice but im not sure about the acids in those. Somebody here could give you a good answer.

Improving Creatine Taste

The label says unflavored, but I can sure taste it. It tastes a little like what I would imagine a teaspoon of sand and a crushed up aspirin would taste like.

In any case, the easy way to cut the taste is to mix it with fruit juice that has a high simple sugar content like apple or grape. Most of the instructions already tell you this.

But it's a pain to stock up on something that I wouldn't normally drink just for creatine mixing, especially since fruit juice is super high in carbs, which I'm trying to limit in my diet.

Here's my solution:

If you're body building you should be taking glutamine as a part of your supplementation too. I've found that adding even a small amount of glutamine to a glass of creatine and water sweetens it up enough to make it a lot easier to swallow.

Top Bottom