Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IF pro players make to much money?

I think pro baseball players make to sure and hockey do not make alot either. But it's good that the players are making the money now and not the owners who were before.

the bottom line is supply and demand. If people are willing to pay $5 extra to see a game because the highest ranked player is on the team, then the guy's gonna get paid. Pro players are at such a high level of the game that there just aren't enough amazing players, so they get paid huge salaries. If every second guy in america was a Steve Young or a Gonzalez, then these guys would be getting paid the same as regluar people.

Exactly: it's all supply and demand. Advertisers will pay big bucks, and the players will then make big bucks. YOU, the fans, the people who diligently follow the sport, watch it on TV, go to games on occasion, and generally CARE about the sport, are the reasons they make so much money.

If everyone stopped following pro sports, their salaries would be $0.

I don't follow sports. I am not responsible for their salaries. I don't care WHAT they get paid.

Say you cut every pro athelete's salary by 90%. A guy making $500k now makes $50k.

Where does the franchise's extra money go? Would you rather it go to the owner? No, the owner gives up that money too? Ok then, that means the advertisers and broadcasting companies are paying 90% less - the money is effectively going into THEIR pockets. Ticket sales count for comparatively little. I guess you could say that cable rates and ticket prices could be effectively slashed. But that's not how a free market works. You want to watch oh so badly, you pay the $$.

yep, its basically some players make the mega bucks just because they are making a TON more for someone else. same goes for actors.

agreed. So, who´s the chump? (if there is one) You paying to see some grown men play a game so they can make 1.6 a year or their, some might say, unfair salary? Whatever.

After hearing what the likes of Katie Koric(sp)
David Letterman/Jay Leno and other news ancors make, ball players are fucking under paid------When a guy that tells jokes makes 31 million dollars a year, something is wrong-----when a chix that gives the news in morning t.v. makes 14 million a year somethings wrong----when a journelist like Bill o'riely makes seven figures a year for giving the news(thats where the problems are)These people aren't heros or even role models. just my opinion:)

Top Bottom