Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

I Wanna Buy A Laptop Comp--Need Help

dont buy one thats soft bro
 
StickFigure said:
Yours is jacked. I'll pass. lol


I have two.. and no dammit, mines not jacked.

Its helped yo ass out every night ;)
 
StickFigure said:
LOL!!

Ohhh, so you wanna sell me your kids comp that sits in a dark corner collecting dust??


just bought it around christmas, they never even use it. Bought it for them to not clutter mine up but that didn't work.
 
Dell. I've never had a problem with any of the last 6 I have had....

You can find what you are looking for in a laptop around the 700 range, but if your looking for a Dell with widescreen, good memory, burner and all that - you can expect to pay more. Just go online to their website and configure one to see. They have specials every day with free upgrades, shipping, etc. My company provides an EPP (Employee Purchase Program) discount and my discount was around 300 dollars saved.

Worth checking into?
 
I'm happy with my Dell.

The most highly regarded are the IBMs...but you have to sell your soul to afford one.

You need a desktop replacement, an ultra-thin? What are you looking for out of it, Stick?
 
i got a gateway from futreshop for 900 cdn so like 750 i guess usd, cd burner and plays dvds 256mb ram 40gig hd works for me
 
The current "$549" deal Dell's pushing in the Sunday magazine section is for a Celeron, which is entry-level stuff. Better than nothing, but not exciting.

My opinion is that a notebook is about being portable -- if you're somewhere on business and they loan you a desk, carry one of those 4GB pocket drives and you should be able to borrow the desktop's PC as well.

So, why a notebook, specifically?
 
Bran had a long thread on here a while back covering his woes with a Dell laptop and the lack of any help from Dell. When you buy equipment, you hope not to have any use for customer service but you need to know that you're not going to be left high and dry with a useless box of circuitry.
 
There's a good point here. SOME Dell laptops are great. Others, not so hot.

Gotta do your research and be picky.
 
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the fuck down.
 
Someone needs to make a list for Charles Bronson, Charlton Heston, or Clint Eastwood. Those would be fun.

*starts dreaming up ideas*
 
StickFigure said:
Is it realistic to think I can get a good one for $500-$700??

In my line of work I know that you get what you pay for but that's in exercise equipment. Is it the same in computers??

What should I look at?

PM me i got one for sale for around the $400 range with docking bay wireless card carry and more............penIII
 
That's cool. I don't care if the thing is ugly if its as secure and stable as the old think pads.
 
look at the dell xps 140. for $899 you can't beat those specs

centrino m cpu
512mb ram (a bit weak)
wireless network
dvd/cd burner
expensive screen
60 gig hd
1 yr warranty
and xp media center
 
Devastation said:
look at the dell xps 140. for $899 you can't beat those specs

centrino m cpu
512mb ram (a bit weak)
wireless network
dvd/cd burner
expensive screen
60 gig hd
1 yr warranty
and xp media center
I am going to start bombing peeps the recomend dell :evil:
 
StickFigure said:
Is it realistic to think I can get a good one for $500-$700??

In my line of work I know that you get what you pay for but that's in exercise equipment. Is it the same in computers??

What should I look at?

Make sure whatever you get has a MINIMUM of 512k of Ram
in a laptop processor isn't so important, neither is video or sound.

HDD space all depends on your usage and if you have a better place to store your porn


YES you can get a decent one for that much HOWEVER

for any laptop that you will depend on I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend getting the 3 year ON SITE warranty or whatever the best warranty is that they offer

that is the #1 most important thing...

Upgrading RAM later on is easy and cheap if you get it from newegg or zipzoomfly if you want to save some $$
 
Toshiba is the most purchased notebook on the globe. I just bought one recently, and it's great. Look for the deals, but I would suggest Centrino technology. The new notebooks have all the ports you want and need. Mine cost $1200 Canadian.
 
Which brand has a laptop that gets a military trauma test to prove its stability?

That's what Stick needs. That thing is bullet-proof.
 
Dude, I Just Sold My Old Laptop (only 2 Years Old Still Pretty Current) On Ebay For Cheap, With Extended Warranty Too.
 
novamanms said:
Which brand has a laptop that gets a military trauma test to prove its stability?

That's what Stick needs. That thing is bullet-proof.

tough book,super expensive though
 
yeah, I remember them being tons of cash.

Panasonic makes them, right?

Too lazy to search...blah
 
Top Bottom