Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think most of us are overlooking a great protein source in Soy.. check it out

check this one also

I looked into rice protein

cheap and has a solid profile also
good to mix ie at protein factory

soy protein vs other sources

If I had my choice....... soy would be the last protein chosen to build my body with. I do not believe that soy is bad, only that others are better.

I agree with Stew that soy's taste is not always agreeable, but I would eat darn near anyrthing if I though it was truely good for me and could not get the benefits any other way. I have a choice over soy.

Many many folks of northern european decent are allergic to soy. This not only lowers the immune system and hinders recovery, but can be irritating as heck. Sometimes we cannot even tell we are allergic to soy but the problem is there enough to compromise us a bit.
If you choose to use soy and have the possibilty of an allergy to it, get tested and find out...simple to do.

Finally, amino acid profiling has shown that the most easily assimilated proteins are as follows in order of recommendation. Non fat cottage cheese, white turkey breast, fish like tuna and halibut...then chicken breast (skinless), and then red meat. Red meat was last only because of the amounts of saturated fat in them. Their profiles were desirable. Egg whites are good but harder to digest. (only 80% is assimilated).

What this means is that caseine is numero uno (#1), then whey....... soy is not as desirable in my reading. I am sure there are studies that have different conclusions. Just sharing my views on the subject.

soy

BTW...I do eat soy in tofu and hummus etc etc..... just not my primary intake by any means.

Ever had a whif of a soy protien grumby left floating in the toilet????? Well i case you haven't, it is the worst thing you could possibly imagine. If you think your protien farts at the squat rack are bad with whey, just wait until you try soy..... They will have to call the bomb squad after what you leave in the toilet.

Did Protein Factory (A. Rodgers) post the references to the studies he cites? I would be interested in the Daidzein increasing testosterone levels study.

Here is the deal: soy isoflavones seem to improve health through their effects on estrogens and the ER. The reduction in cardiovascular disease, reduction in osteoporosis, reduction in cholesterol and blood lipids, etc. are all mediated through modifying endogenous estrogens and activation of the ER.

One thing we need to remember is that maximal health and bodybuilding are not always the same. Many of the health promoting agents are not optimal for muscular development, i.e. green tea polyphenols are excellent for reduction in cancer rates, unfortunately it seems to reduce testosterone levels. So what one has to decide is what does one want...maximal health? maximal muscular gains? a mixture of both?

If one is using steroids, I doubt soy isoflavones would affect a cycle (just don't rely on only soy proteins), and may even be beneficial, since the isoflavones would compete with stronger estrogens (estradiol). Now the heavy use of soy by naturals would not be advantageous.

Top Bottom