Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i NEED SOME HELP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND.

the kidd

I have never posted on the women's forum, so be nice ladies! Anyway, I am trying to help my girlfriend revamp her exersise and supplementation(or lack of) programs. She is 22, 5'4", @ 15-20% BF. Her dietary regime is sporatic at best, lots of carbs, in the form of bubblegum cigars(no joke, between 10-20 a day). I buy her meal replacement bars and we eat together almost every night a well balanced meal. She trains 3-5 days a week, mostly aerobics. Her goal is to come up with a simple consistent routine and dietary regime. I would really appreciate your help. PEACE

Your girl needs to cut the sweets and junk if she really wants to see any kind of results. Diet is like 90% of it!! She needs to eat clean..5-6 meals a day..and replace some of her cardio for weight training...cardio alone is not gonna help her at all!!! Get her on these boards..so she can learn and ask questions...we dont bite. Lifting should be her main focus..if you do a search there is tons of info on training..and sample diets and all you need to know.

To THE KIDD,

Does SHE really want to change? That's the most important thing. Get her on here, we'll help her out. Also, you could get her a subscription to Oxygen. Lots of great physiques in there for motivation along with diet and routines. Either way, she'll learn that bodies are built mostly by hard weight training and diet. Cardio certainly has its place, but cardio alone will not give her the tightest hardest body she could have. Even if she had the best workout in the world though, it'll be shot to hell with a bad diet. I didn't always understand that, but this board helped me see the light!

Yes, SHE does want to make a change. We have conflicting daytime schedules which prevents her from using my pc, as she does not have one. I have been going through the archives to pick up some tips on routines and such. I appreciate the comments. PEACE

Hey Kidd - hehehee

As far as training goes, IMHO there is no difference in the way a man and woman should weight train (obviously unless she is a genetic freak or sauced to the gills she will not be able to use as much weight). She should do the same exercises with the same intensity!

And diet IS KEY. She should ingest a lot of good clean food (meaning little or no processing - as close to their natural state as possible) and LIFT LIKE A MOFO.

Take her to the gym and train together. It has been my experience that men and women were meant to train together by design.... True I can NOT properly spot a man who is doing dumbbell presses with 100# dumbbells, but then again, it isn't like this is a weight that most men handle EVERY SET, EVERY WORKOUT.

I have even been known to kick a well-known board members sorry masculine ass in the gym a time or two...but of course, he is WAAAAAY TOO MANLY TO ADMIT IT! Aren't ya' Darlin'?! *wink*

Getting her to clean up the diet is the biggest problem, those damn bubblegum cigars! When we have dinner it is always well balanced. She is a chef ,so she is constantly sampling the food. It is diffilcult for us to train together during the week, perhaps I will modify my routine for her with less sets and higher reps. I wonder who bikinimom is referencing? hehehe. Thanks again. PEACE

Why less sets and higher reps necessarily? And as for the sugar fix.....I admit, guilty as charged. My damned tongue would be sore by the end of the day from all the sugar I used to consume. She has to decide what she wants more...bubblegum or a hardbody. She can still splurge every once in a while, but once she starts eating cleaner foods, her system will "rebel" when she goes back to eating crappy. My suggestion is always rather than quit cold turkey start by cutting back so that eventually she will be eating this crap less and less to the point where she really won't crave it all that much.

As for the "manly man" in question...heh heh heh Me to know and YOU to find out! *wink*

All this talk of sugar is making me hungry. I recently purchased some "turtles" from my little sister mmmmm. Her body seems to respond to a higher rep scheme (10-15), she is a former soccer player so she has a good amount of muscle tone. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to share thier routines I would greatly appreciate it. PEACE

Top Bottom