Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need help with the Keto Diet

calvinIII

I understand how the keto diet is supposed to work, but do I need to eat all that fat?
Can I just keep my carbs to a low amount and just eat protein? But, I also don't want to starve my muscles the last time I tried this diet I seemed to lose a lot of muscle mass.
Any Advice?

I did the keto diet with about 50% protein and 50% fat. I had good results with that ratio. Some say diffrent. This shows that everyone is not the same and what works for me might not work for you. If you are hesitant to eat the fat just make sure its unsaturated and better yet from Flax or Fish. Flax and Fish oil are great sources of Omega 3 and will actually help get rid of your fat stores.

Well, the key for this diet is not fat, it is carbs. If you have zero carbs you will enter ketosis. Here is the kicker though, the body converts a large percentage of your protein intake into sugar.

Sooo, some people can get by on less fat and more protein, where others actually get kicked out of ketosis because they are eating too much protein. Funny, huh?

Everybody is different. Another thing, ketosis is not some magical fat-loss utopia. People can and do lose fat when not in ketosis, also people can maintain, and even gain weight while in ketosis.

Keep muscle glycogen depleted, continue lifting weights, drink water, keep calories low but not too low. There ya go.

Bon appetit.

Top Bottom