Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need help with my diet!!!!

Hi another newbie here. I have been reading posts for a couple of days and I have to say I love all the information on here. I do have a question about diets,how do you handle eating out????? Thanks!

momsgettinfit said:
Hi another newbie here. I have been reading posts for a couple of days and I have to say I love all the information on here. I do have a question about diets,how do you handle eating out????? Thanks!

Plan ahead -- if you know what sort of restaurant you are going to, you can have an idea of what will be available. Generally chicken / steak / fish and salad or fresh veggies. Grilled is my fav. You can ask for no marinades, plain etc (want to avoid the salt they usually load up sauces, seasonings, etc. with), ask for steamed veggies instead of smothered in butter. You can usually get a plain backed potato or yam on the side. Again no butter, etc. If you get a salad, get balsamic vinaigrette on the side so you can control how much you put on and the oil is a good fat source anyway. Often to save cash on a huge side of beef or somethign you can get a steak / chicken / fish sandwich & pull off the bread, ask for all the condiments either not on the sandwich or on the side, no potato chips, etc.

Sushi (sashimi) is a fav of mine, however avoid the rice & go real light on the soy sauce.

Just generally avoid sauces, pasta, butter-smothered stuff, etc. You should be able to do pretty well still eating normal food at a restaurant, just need to emphasize that they keep the food "clean". And check before you eat it -- they always seem to forget such requests or can't understand why in god's name you wouldn't want the fish buried in white sauce. It takes viglience sometimes.

Sassy69 said:
Plan ahead -- if you know what sort of restaurant you are going to, you can have an idea of what will be available. Generally chicken / steak / fish and salad or fresh veggies. Grilled is my fav. You can ask for no marinades, plain etc (want to avoid the salt they usually load up sauces, seasonings, etc. with), ask for steamed veggies instead of smothered in butter. You can usually get a plain backed potato or yam on the side. Again no butter, etc. If you get a salad, get balsamic vinaigrette on the side so you can control how much you put on and the oil is a good fat source anyway. Often to save cash on a huge side of beef or somethign you can get a steak / chicken / fish sandwich & pull off the bread, ask for all the condiments either not on the sandwich or on the side, no potato chips, etc.

Sushi (sashimi) is a fav of mine, however avoid the rice & go real light on the soy sauce.

Just generally avoid sauces, pasta, butter-smothered stuff, etc. You should be able to do pretty well still eating normal food at a restaurant, just need to emphasize that they keep the food "clean". And check before you eat it -- they always seem to forget such requests or can't understand why in god's name you wouldn't want the fish buried in white sauce. It takes viglience sometimes.

I have noticed that too. I have asked for a simple request like plain bake potato and almost always get a potato with butter or sour cream,I'm pretty good "now" at telling them to please bring one plain. I still have alot to learn though. LOL My goal right now is getting in 5 or 6 small meals. So far today 2, yeah go me!!! LOL

jenabena said:
Instead of Whey is the Pure Pro ok???? I was just wondering bc i have not found a whey shake that i like?

I was wondering what is whey protien shakes? Is it a name brand or type of protien? I have soy protien is that ok?

Daisy_Girl said:
Here are my thoughts....

Meal 1
5 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg (can add some veggies to it for flavor is you want)
1/2 Cup Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat
Coffee is fine, but also drink some water

Meal 2
Add Cottage Cheese to the Veggie snack (or Hummus). Don't do the FF CC, do Light or even Regular. You need some fat to help it digest slower, plus you HAVE to have fat in your diet. I'd stick with veggies rather than fruit.....celery, brocolli, carrots are okay (but have more sugar than green veggies). Don't limit green veggies.

Meal 3
3-4oz Lean Meat
Unlimited Green Veggies (salad, brocolli, green beans, asparagus)
Fat Source..... Flax Oil, Olive Oil, Almonds
(if you need extra carbs because energy falling, add 3oz Yam or Sweet Potato here)

Meal 4
Post Workout - Shake

Meal 5
3-4oz Lean Meat
Unlimited Green Veggies (same as above)
Fat Source

You can add another shake before bed, that is fine as Meal 6. Your muscle need something to munch on during the night, or they will munch on your muscle. Add a *little* fat to a whey shake, or a *little* milk, it will help it digest slower.

Salad dressing should be Balsalmic Vinegar and Olive Oil (or Flax Oil). Try not to do the "processed" store bought dressings - most of them have added sugar. Some are okay, just check the ingredients.

Drink AT LEAST 1 gallon of water a day.

Let me know if you have Qs.

this is almost the exact diet im doing to diet down for a figure show. The only diff is I mix ground flax powder in the oatmeal cause the oil tastes nasty. And I eat tuna instead of lean meat for one of the meals.

dieting is so much fun!!! LOL

momsgettinfit said:
I have noticed that too. I have asked for a simple request like plain bake potato and almost always get a potato with butter or sour cream,I'm pretty good "now" at telling them to please bring one plain. I still have alot to learn though. LOL My goal right now is getting in 5 or 6 small meals. So far today 2, yeah go me!!! LOL

My husband and I celebrated our 13th year of marriage Saturday and he took me to Apple Bees for dinner. I think all in all I did well. I had a sirloin it was a 9 oz steak but I only ate 1/3 of it and took the rest home. It was grilled no sauces or such on it,a plain baked potato and a dinner salad with vinegar and oil. I had no cheese or crutons or egg on it. This is the first time I've ate out since changing my diet and over all i"m happy oh and I drank water only. What do you think did I do ok??? :Chef:

Top Bottom