Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have no problem running someone off the road and killing them

C'mon - "I'm gonna run you off the road" vs. "I'm going out of my way to piss you off to the point you may actually do it"? No wonder the world's going to hell in a handbasket.

Robert Jan said:
I understand you think that speed limits in the USA are totally gay. then change them. dont break them.

-The very idea that you must obey laws just because they are laws is very irrational.

- you can't change laws so easily.

- If you can drive at a much higher speed while maintaining control there is no good reason not to.

Tiervexx said:
-The very idea that you must obey laws just because they are laws is very irrational.

QUOTE]

not irrational when they keep on increasing the fine for speeding. ive been pulled over for speeding seven times. only three times did i get a ticket- and not for speeding. wtf?

I dont buy the speed is the number 1 cause of accidents at all,its untrained drivers,my girlfriend went and took driving school 500$ and drives like shit,I have never taken official training,but driven for the longest time as I have family in the country and I come from a family of truckers,I learned road courtesy and such early

I drive fast but I know 100% in my mind that Im safer doing my 130km then buddy doing 80km in the fast lane

TheOak01 said:
I dont buy the speed is the number 1 cause of accidents at all,its untrained drivers,my girlfriend went and took driving school 500$ and drives like shit,I have never taken official training,but driven for the longest time as I have family in the country and I come from a family of truckers,I learned road courtesy and such early

I drive fast but I know 100% in my mind that Im safer doing my 130km then buddy doing 80km in the fast lane

Wrong answer Junior.

Speed IS a factor in most accidents.

It boils down to reaction time, stopping distances, and the ability to maintain control of a car. (and don't give me this shit about being a superior driver...most people can't drive 1/2 as well as they think they can, even those with 20+ years behind the wheel. I'm not even going to get into how bad the av'g teenage drivers are)

Think about this for a minute...this is a bit of an extreme example, but it appears that's what it's going to take to get the point across.

Scenario #1) You're driving through a residential neighborhood at say...20 mph. Suddenly, about 50' in front of you, a kid runs out from between 2 parked cars chasing a ball. You might have time to react and get stopped before you splatter this kid. At 20 mph, you're traveling 29.33' per second...that gives you less than 2 seconds to react, and that's IF you're paying attention..

Scenario #2) You're clipping along the highway at 80 mph, and suddenly, 50' in front of you, a deer runs across the highway. At 80 mph, you're traveling 117.33' per second. You do the math. You have less than 1 second to react. Even the best exotic sports cars (Corvette, Porsche, et.al.) have stopping distances of 110' or so from 60-0. At 80 mph, you can tack on at least another 50' to that number, probably more. The av'g family sedan can't even come close to those stopping numbers, not to mention handling.

Here's a hint...I've spent my entire life working on and around various forms of racing and high performance cars...I know the numbers, I know the physics, and I know that even the best drivers can't get themselves out of every possible situation 100% of the time, let alone the av'g brain-dead moron behind the wheel on the highway.

I know this thread isn't about deers or kids (I'm just using those as examples)...it's about what happens at speed and ones ability (or lack thereof) to react to avoid problems at speed.

So, this entire "fast drivers are better/safer drivers" argument has just been blown out of the water.

`Nuff said.

Class is over for the day. Drive safe.

Only read the first half of this thread. I try to be careful whether going slow or fast, I do what I can.

If every body obeyed the speed limits exactly, there would be traffic jams all over the place. When a posted limit is 55 that means the minimum is 40-45? not sure. If cars are going 40 -55 on the highways, lol there would be SEVERE problems IMO.

Also on the side roads of 25 MPH limits. Try going 15-25 MPH and see how slow that actually is. Imagine people driving 17 MPH ALL OVER the city streets? Try that with 50,000 cars and see what happens. I think speed limits are expected to be broken. They just conveniently ticket those people who do it exessively.

Top Bottom