Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have no apetite.

jakewheat

Hello everyone. I am new to this site, so if this discussion is in the wrong section, I apologize. I have been working out consistently for about 2 months now. I started in November not really knowing what I wanted to do. In December, I finally decided that I want to bulk up. I was 120 lbs when I first started. I am 17 years of age, soon to turn 18. I am the definition of an ectomorph. Haha.

In the first month, I would eat and eat until I couldn't eat anymore. I also bought some supplements. My current stack is M5 reloaded, Mass XXX, a multivitamin, and wheybolic carb complex. I gained 9 lbs in the first month. However, this month I have lost complete appetite for anything. I try my hardest to eat something, but it always turns out to be small portions and then I end up gagging. I don't know why. I am losing weight rather than gaining, and I don't want to lose the weight that I have already gained. I was wondering if any of you have had this same issue, and if there is any way I can change this.

Thank you very much, and I don't mean to write a story. :rolleyes:

I wish I had that problem but maybe you just need to smoke some herbal and stuff your face at that age , but it could be something hormonal and temporary at your age thats not really enough detail to provide an answer.. Couldnt hurt to see your doctor to make sure everything else is in check

Make sure ur not stuffing yourself up with a weight gainer if it's gonna prevent you from eating. If your forcing too much protein down it's going to leave you stuffed for hours and you mite ever throw it up. At your size I would try and take a gram of protein per pound of lean body weight. That's probably 100-110 grams a day!!! Don't try to get all your protein from shakes whole foods are better! To many shake as I said will leave you feeling crappy and bloated, your body can only process so much protein powder. Using to much throughout the day at at one time will result in your body simply excreting the excess. You can get most of your protein easily with regular calorie rich foods. Some eggs for breakfast or a shake, a turkey sandwich for a snack, chicken breast and maby rice for lunch, maby steak and potatoes for dinner don't neglect veggies either.. Throw in a post workout shake on workout days as we'll. This is just an example and a very vague one at that. Start slow and even if it's not much try to eat something every 2-3 hours this will keep you anabolic and growing as well as speeding up you metabolism witch inturn will cause you to consume more food for energy. Don't over train!! Make sure ur getting enough sleep as well. Eat rite, sleep rite and train hard and you will grow!

Eating a lot of plain food can curb my appetite so when I think of these foods it doesn't make me very hungry and gagging often happens to me through plain meals. Are you doing bench dead lifts and squats each week? Dead lifts and squats will get your appetite going. If you don't know how to do these there are a lot of good videos on youtube and start light and slowly build up to heavier weights (you should do this on all your exercises to let your stabilizer muscles and tendons get stronger so you don't hurt your joints but especially on these two imo). Also on over training I think most guys who go to the gym do not over train simple because they do not push through pain barriers enough. If your not sore the next couple of days you did not train hard enough. This doesn't mean to go pick up some heavy weight you are not ready for but to do good controlled reps past the point where the muscle is hurting and all you want to do is put it down but you lift it again and again....

Oh I wish we have the same appetite :/ I really want to eat especially after work-out. I just motivate myself to eat veggies and a lot of fruits. hahaha :D Just make sure that you wont go beyond that making your anorexic, it's not healthy

If small meals are making you gag go to the dr. If he decides the problem is not physical he can refer you to therapist. Make sure you tell them what your goal is, to bulk up or whatever. Eating shouldnt make you gag.

You want to ramp up you appetite, throw in a little low intensity cardio about 3 times per week for about 30 minutes each. Just don't overdo the cardio. It has a huge benefit of increasing appetite and raising your metabolic rate

Top Bottom