Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have a Pill question lol....help......

Gymgurl

Plat Hero
Platinum
Okay I have been on Yasmin for a year and 1/2 I think.....Anyway never had any problems with it at all. Last month I was 3 days later then normal and this month I started spoting before my last week has ended. I have 3 days left of my cycle. For the last year I have gotten my period on the tueday after I stop taking the actives....any reason why this is changing....nothing new except I was sick and on antibotics last month but not this one......

If your cycle is interrupted one month, it may take several months to stabilize. I would wait it out for another month or two and see if things normalize. If not, it might be worth talking to your GYN. As you get older, your hormone levels change so you might have to change your BCP.

I agree with DG. I've been on five different sets of
BCPs and have to change all of them around the two year
mark because they stop working properly. I'd give it
another month or two to see if that continues, then
talk to you OB/GYN.

On a side note, antibiotics do affect birth control
medication. This may also be what is happening.
Just a thought...

Thanks you guys.....have a call into the Gyno....but I just wondered why after working so well for a yr....

Gymgurl said:
Thanks you guys.....have a call into the Gyno....but I just wondered why after working so well for a yr....

you've been training like mad, right? LOTS of running. has your body fat dropped?

Sounds familiar GG. I imagine your OB/GYN will want to try another pill for you, but it's definitely something you should check into.

Mine always worked for a year or two, then I'd be off by a couple of days each month. Early, late, spotting. My OB/GYN says it is a common occurence. Good luck either way. It's definitely a pain in the a$$ when it comes and goes at will. :evil:

have you been good at taking them or not missing any..

I'm on yasmin too and one month a couple of days i forgot and didn't take them until the evening that day instead of the morning... and I got a little spotting.

one time i got it 3 days late like you... but that was only when i'd been careless with the timing..

other than that yasmin has been great... I have had the problems you mentioned with alesse though... thats why I switched to yasmin

I'd probably go another month just to see if it's a reaction to the anti-biotics or it is actually an ongoing issue. Same comment w/ the training as well, but the anti-biotics are where I would start first.

Still a mess this month started 4 days earlier and then came back on the second day of taking my pills......Im going to just wait...I have a bladder infection and some funk on my leg and back on antibotics

Top Bottom