Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hyperextended Arm!!!

Flash421

Last week I fell on my arm and went to the hospital because I thought it was broke. Turns out it was a hyperextension in my elbow, I have full range of motion again but still tender when I try to squeeze or lift anything heavy.

Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this injury and how long till you where back to normal

Please respond Bros Its killing me cause I can't lift...just need to know a time frame and maybe something I could work on in the mean time

Open to all suggestions

I don't know how applicable my story is to your fall, but 2 years ago while competing in Brazilian jiu-jitsu I got caught in an armbar and let my ego get the best of me. I tried to squirm out of it and didn't tap out soon enough, so the guy cranked on my arm and hyper-extended it pretty badly. It took about 2 months of physical therapy/massage and staying away from weights until I had 99% of my ROM back, however I couldn't pick up even a 40lb dumbell and hold it at my side (w/ arm hanging straight), or even do pushups for about 4 months after the injury. I was fully recovered and able to handle heavy weights 6 months after the injury.

Again, I'm not sure if my situation is applicable since I had a lot of force applied to my elbow at a different angle than yours, and I kept practicing jiu-jitsu almost daily which may have caused my recovery to be a lot longer. It's probably a good sign that you have full ROM but you could have some scar tissue in there that might give you problems, I would maybe see a physical therapist (if you know a good one) and get some of that surgical tubing to do some resistance exercises that your elbow can handle. I would think that doing some light active recovery on your arm daily would help heal it more quickly.

Sorry to hear you're stuck outta the gym... I hope your injury isn't as bad as mine was. Good luck gettin that arm fixed up.

i would say to do something similar as they do in physical therapy. Look up physical therapy exercises for the arm. You can still do lowerbody, but as for the upper, keep eating and maybe incorporate light resistance bands, medicine balls, and polymetrics. Thats the best advise I have man.

Top Bottom