Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to increase muscle mass and keep BF in check.

BigAndy69

Your Canadian Idol
Platinum
This is an email someone send me, and I thought I would post it on the board:

>From: *****
>Reply-To:*****
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Diet
>Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:15:27 -0400
>
>Hi Big Andy,
>
>I noticied a lot of your posts, and it appears that you know your
>stuff. I was wondering if you can help me out.
>My stats are 5'7'' 170 B/F ? some fat around mid section, pretty solid
>upper body.
>My goal is to gain more mass, while taking some fat away from my
>midsection.
>My diet is as follows:
>8- Tbsp flax oil
> Granola Bar- Natures Valley
>
>9: Oatmeal, Two Egg Whites
>
>11:30- Cottage Cheese (low fat)
>
>2:00 Grilled chicken sandwhich, banana
>
>5:00 Whey Protein Bar
>
>6:30 Gym
>
>900 Whey Protein Drink
>
>9:30 Tuna, Light Mayo, or Chicken Breast, No Bread.
>
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Thanks
>*****

Reply:

Hi *****,

It's very hard if not impossible to add muscle and lose BF at the same time. You need to know your body perfectly and how it reacts to certain foods. It is possible if you are a beginner.

What you need to do is to increase muscle mass as much as possible while keeping BF as low as possible.

Eat 1.75-2.5g of carbs per lb of bodyweight and 1.25g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Fat should be keeped at a minimum of 0.35g per lb of bodyweight.

That means 300-425 of carbs, and 215 g of protein, and 60g of fat.

On training days consume the lower number of carbs and on training days the higher amount. Protein and fat intake should not fluctuate.

That would mean you would eat 2600 kcals on non training days and 3100 kcals on training days.

Consume a large number of your carbs immediately after your workout and half the amount of protein.( ex: 80g of carbs(juice, white bread) and 40g of whey)

30min-1hour later, consume a meal high in carbs and protein. This is an unproven theory but you should try to eat different types of protein for a better anabolic effect: I use to eat 1 can of tuna(35), 1 whole egg(7), 1.5 cup of milk(13), peanut butter(5)---> that's 60g of protein total + the protein from grains and beans.

Now considering the fact that you tend to hold more BF at 5'7 170, you might want to decrease your carb intake on training days from 2.5 to 2.25 and make sure not to eat any junk. That would mean eating 380g instead of 425. If you are someone who finds it hard to gain weight, increase it from 2.5 to 2.75 and even up to 3. Junk food can be included.

Keep your cardio at only 1.5h-2h a week and at moderate intensity. Ex: 3 x 30 mins

This is a general recommendation. Any comments or questions?

Top Bottom