Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much oral Yohimbine Hcl is too much?

SteelWeaver

Is there an OD limit?

Especially if you're using it with topical, too.

And does the oral exacerbate water retention from the topical?

The gastro absorption of oral yohimbine varies a lot between individuals, as does topical, as does tolerance. So there's no "OD limit" per se, but common sense would suggest you don't risk killing yourself just for a BB show!

Someone had posted a link on the diet board to an article about oral yohimbine HCL and how much you needed to take to be effective. I'll try to find it; I don't remember the exact formula - I just figured out what I needed. Basically, for my bodyweight, I need to take 12 mg; you're also supposed to take it on an empty stomach and wait 2-3 hours before eating carbs. I don't take it on my carb load days after reading this article.

Another interesting effect of yohimbine is it helps raise your blood pressure. Not good unless you have really low blood pressure, like I do (my last reading a few weeks ago was 90/56). Since I started taking it, I have fewer issues with faintness/dizziness, especially when dieting. I was really bad, especially in the middle of the night when I had to pee - I'd practically pass out every time I stood up.

Steelweaver,

My wife was among the first group of women at Gold's Venice to try experimenting with yohimbine hcl after Dan Duchaine first wrote about it. They settled on 10 mg a day as being the 'dose of choice.' They all got excellent results on just 10 mg and saw no reason to take more. The women at Gold's were also adamant that yohimbe capsules didn't do jack. Only the pharmaceutical tabs ever appeared effective.

I can see no rational for taking more than the standard 0.2mg per kilo of yohimbine. The problem with topicals is you have even LESS idea of how much you're actually absorbing, but you can tell by symptomology if you're taking too much. Panic attacks, increased blood pressure etc... are good signs of an 'overdose'. And I agree that there's little point to taking your yohimbine anywhere near a carb meal. However, yohimbine on an empty stomach is also insulogenic, so it might be a good drug to establish ketosis more rapidly. I have often noticed the similar feeling between taking yohimbine on an empty stomach and taking ALA to hasten ketosis.

Thanks for the info everyone! Sorry - I should probably have done a search - didn't think of it at the time. I'm on around 20mg/d, so I suppose that's a bit much, but not bad. I guess I could cut it a bit. And I only have one carb meal, around which I don't take the tabs, so that's OK. Unless we're counting fibrous carbs?

JJ - you're great - nice links - thanks :)

too much is too much..

that .2mg per kg is just a guideline.. many people can tolerate considerably more orally.. keep in mind that absorption and uptake are big issues.. so 20mg "eaten" may be 3mg or 18mg.. or anywhere in between

"keep in mind that absorption and uptake are big issues.. so 20mg "eaten" may be 3mg or 18mg.. or anywhere in between"

Precisely. That's why I say son't worry about it if you're not suffering side effects. There is obviously a large therapeutic window under which yohimbine works for most people, but you wouldn't want to take ten-fold more than recommended! It's not quite as innocuous as vitamin C.....If you feel fine on 20mg oral, then no need to decrease it. The more important question is, is it working for you at that dose?

Top Bottom