Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much does fat weigh?

Re: Fat -vs- muscle volume?

arjuna said:
So, how much volume does one pound of fat take up and how much volume does one pound of muscle take up?

Would a one pound box of butter take up the same volume as one pound of body fat? Is that an acceptable comparison? And would one pound of muscle use as much volume as say, one pound of lean meat?

I think the debate was over the incorrect logic of people saying that "muscle weighs more" when in fact they mean to say "muscle is more dense than fat". So, a pound of muscle would take up less space than a pound of fat.

Re: Re: Fat -vs- muscle volume?

Warblade said:

I think the debate was over the incorrect logic of people saying that "muscle weighs more" when in fact they mean to say "muscle is more dense than fat". So, a pound of muscle would take up less space than a pound of fat.

Precisely.

bm2k said:

What the hell are you on about? Seriously...

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

are you stupid??

BOTH OF YOU ARE STUPID

A pound of muscle and a pound of fat BOTH weigh a FREAAKIN' POUND.......you idiots!

NOw, a pound of fat will be about three, yes 3 times the size of the pound of muscle..........so your bowl would LOOK as if it had more fat in it. That's why 2 people that weigh the same can be very different looking if one is 30% body fat and the other 10%.

Hope that helped.

STOOPids!
:p
muscleNOT4u

Re: BOTH OF YOU ARE STUPID

muscle4u said:
A pound of muscle and a pound of fat BOTH weigh a FREAAKIN' POUND.......you idiots!

NOw, a pound of fat will be about three, yes 3 times the size of the pound of muscle..........so your bowl would LOOK as if it had more fat in it. That's why 2 people that weigh the same can be very different looking if one is 30% body fat and the other 10%.

Hope that helped.

STOOPids!
:p
muscleNOT4u

Indeed, I was just being a smart-arse (because what was being said was so bloody obvious!) when I originally poked fun at him. Sarcasm can go missing in text.

Yup, muscle is more DENSE than fat. Imagine a bucket of fat vs a bucket of muscle. The latter would weigh a lot more. As for bf%, those varry too. 8% doesn't always mean you're ripped, and 12% doesn't always mean you're "fat".

A 150lb guy with 8%bf will not look anywhere near as shredded as a 200lb guy with 8%bf.

Five pounds of bodyfat has around the same volume as a shoebox! I think you know the volume of five pounds of lean beef. Thats why a cut 190 pound guy in long sleeve shirt etc. is just as big as a normal 170 pound dude. But when the shirt comes off...

Top Bottom