Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much damage can you do...

chabbah

...in 1 1/2 days of bad food eating? I had a cheat meal last night of deep dish pizza and chocolate cake and then had hamburger, fries, brownie frappucinno and a T-bone steak today. I've got a couple of things working against me right now: (1) I've recently done a show and am enjoying not having to diet strictly, and (2) I'm premenstrual. I'm usually really good with my daily food intake, but I just felt like being piggy this weekend.

Help! I'm growing puffier and more swollen each minute. Please tell me it's not so bad and give advice about anything I can do to minimize the aftermath...:bawling:

Unless you've just been eating 36 hours straight, then nothing bad is going to happen to..... you evil person!!

Seriously, you know as well as I that it's not going to do damage to your body. Now, if you eat like this all the time from now on, well that's a different story.

This is one reason why I don't like the pre-comp diet, we deprive ourselves with the yummy stuff. It's possible to maintain a low bodyfat all year round. It's just getting there takes a couple of years... Clarence Bass

Enjoy yourself but dont go overboard.....moderation is the key....its ok to treat yourself once in a while, as long as it is not daily or huge amounts u will be ok:)

Thanks! The REAL problem is staying motivated and focused on eating clean right all the time, especially when you don't have a show to work toward. I guess that's the one aspect of fitness/BB that tends to warp you...the pre & post diet craziness...Hard to get completely normal around those highs and lows.

You don't have to eat clean all the time, in fact it's probably counterproductive. That's what usually leads to these binges in the first place. Allow ONE day per week to eat what you want. Pancakes, dessert, whatever. I'm preparing a female client for a bodybuilding show. 4 weeks to go and I still insist that she eats some cherry pie filling just before one heavy workout (incredible pumps from this) and a dessert (ice cream, cake with choc topping, etc.) on Sat night with a meal out. Despite what the purists might think, she has lost 4 lbs of fat in the past 2 weeks is having great workouts and is not cheating outside of her diet as she did last year. She is at 9.4% bodyfat and 139 and I figure we'll have her down to 6% by show time. Should be just under 132 dried out at 5'5" contest ready. She already has cross-striations visible in her quads and glutes and is hard as nails. We're getting there. One thing for sure, an occassional shot of carbs keeps one hard and full of energy even during pre-contest dieting and that maintains muscle. The key is balance. Too extreme and one ends up flat and stringy looking the day of the show.

W6

Wilson 6---- you dont live in the deep south do you?? Could use someone like you in my corner :) You seem to truly know your business ---- can I ask what you do besides training? Medical background??? Just curious about you -- kind of look to you posts like its the BB bible . Tell me about yourself.......

Don't worry too much, just don't let it last too long. From personal experience (and from what I've read elsewhere on this board) it's important not to overcompensate with extreme dieting when you finally do climb back on the calorie wagon. Go back to your plan, and don't try and make up for lost time by dieting extra hard for the few days after the binge. That's where you start getting the seesaw effect, and that's no good at all. So you ate a couple steaks? So what! You're allowed, from time to time, being a human being, and all. Good luck! Don't worry too much.

Wyst

Thanx Wilson6 for all the info:confused: Of course, probably the smartest on here not to post much info :)

Top Bottom