Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much anatomy?

pearjas

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I am interested in tackling the personal trainer certification from NASM (yes, I know not an easy task necessarily from what I read). I know they are coming out with a new book in November, so I'm waiting for the new book to come out. In the meantime, I was told to buy an anatomy book, which I have done, and brush up on some anatomy. The book that I'm going through right now deals with so many different things - muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons, etc - it's just a memorizing game. I know none of this info can hurt me, but I guess my question is how much anatomy do you need to know? Should I even be going through this book? I've looked at "practice test" questions and generally see 1-2 anatomy questions... maybe at most... I'm just making sure I'm not wasting my time and focusing on something that can help!

I'd guess that she's around 165. She's very tall, so she's the average weight. If she were 200, she'd be way overweight.

Kinesiology and exercise physiology would be more appropriate in my opinion. Anatomy is covered to some degree in all the certification books, but to a lesser degree. When I took my ISSA exam it was rarely covered and it's also rarely covered in their text book. A really good book to buy however is The Complete Book of Personal Training by Douglas S. Brooks. This book covers quite a bit, but it still won't cover everything the NASM book would. At the very least though you'd have a good understanding of what personal training is. Best of luck!

Top Bottom