Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many Comps

Evil_Frisky

~Show Quality Bitch~
Platinum
are too much?

two of the judges told me to rock out as many as I possibly could this year to prepare for USA's next year. Also got a call from a trainer this morning saying the same thing... While I'm on a roll to keep going... Said placing in Mr.Louisiana got me reconized because its such a huge show and that I need to take advantage of that and do more.

I printed out a list of the NPC comps in the surronding area and wow.. between Texas, Mississippi, Georgia, ... Lots that I could do.

I feel fine after this last comp.. body rebounded by holding a little water but my eneregy and strength are fine.

I have a comp this weekend.. I'm about 90% for this one.. and then I have one on July 30th... I would like to add a few more if my schedule allows me... Is this overdoing it?

Well, I've never competed (yet) but I would say that by doing as many as you can afford - you are 1) getting known 2) getting over any remaining stage fright 3) getting your money's worth out of your suits and 4) getting to really know your body & how it reacts to X, Y & Z....

Maybe also keep a journal so you won't forget & also as a scrapbook for posterity so you can show your grand-kids how wickedly cool you were in 2005!!

I'd say just to see how you feel after each one. You'll probably know when you're too tired or burnt out to do another one. It takes a lot out of you to prepare for a show, even if you're already in top condition, which you are :) .

Pretty much what I'd suggest. Go by how you feel after each one because it will all catch up w/ you at some point. With what you've already done you can comfortably stop or pass up any additional show so any more are just icing on the cake. And base your expectations on what you want to get otu of it. Ifs its a small show, either dont' spend much time on it or pass it up for a larger, more structured one. Or if you just want to "practice" or perfect things. You also might find out who the judges are if you are interested in getting in front of certain judges or getting "better" feedback from judges who might also operate at the national level shows.

I feel great right now.. holding water but still great.

I do believer that the lady judge and her husband will be judging this show... and maybe the biloxi show also. She was real helpful to me so i hope she is there so i can get some more color feeback from her.

I am not putting too much on this show at all.. its gonna be a fun show for me.

Also get to meet up and compete with Mrs.Jnuts this weekend... YaY

I would say it depends on you, and how you feel you'd know when you can't do another.

Like me I was going to do 1 in August but that's not going to happen, I just can't I don't have the energy to do it. I'm not in a good place right now.

"Fitness Depression" Miss24?

Like I've said - I'd rather do 3 shows back to back than have 3 months between them. Took me 2 months just to stop panickign about my diet, lettign it go to shit & then feeling shitty about the bloat. Very frustrating and such an anticlimax after a show.

I agree w/listening to your body, energy and stress level. This is my last one until maybe Nov. as I want to add some more muscle before I feel I can compete at a higher level, esp. NPC shows.
Its been very hard doing this w/2 kids and husband out of the country, I will be able to focus more on training/diet when he comes home in Sept and the kids are back in school.

Yeah!! It will be fun to do a show w/ya Frisky girl, hey can I borrow some of your abs? :) I hear its going to be a smaller show but what the hay, its a local one for me, so more practice on stage and getting our names out there :)

If you feel you can do it, then go for it. but just as the others have already said, listen to your body, it will tel you when you have had enough.

Top Bottom