Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Does This Bulking Diet Look To Everyone?

You're right, everyone has a theory on this "window" some say 2 some say as much as 8 hours. Who really knows. What i do know is that in this time frame you don't want your body to be catabolic at any point in time. And what faster way to recovery and muscle repair than by taking in a couple of shakes followed by a solid meal? Some say your body is trying to convert into a state of catabolism for as much as 8 hours after a workout, if this is the case nutrition is #1 to combat this factor.

I know i've tried several methods to this, and i know everyone is different. But w/ me, my body responded best w/ 2 shakes followed by a solid meal. Catabolism is our enemy in this game, just trying to find the best way to combat it in certain situations.

riskybizz007 said:
What i do know is that in this time frame you don't want your body to be catabolic at any point in time. And what faster way to recovery and muscle repair than by taking in a couple of shakes followed by a solid meal?

AMEN!

riskybizz007 said:
Some say your body is trying to convert into a state of catabolism for as much as 8 hours after a workout, if this is the case nutrition is #1 to combat this factor.

AMEN!

riskybizz007 said:
I know i've tried several methods to this, and i know everyone is different. But w/ me, my body responded best w/ 2 shakes followed by a solid meal. Catabolism is our enemy in this game, just trying to find the best way to combat it in certain situations.

that's a great method to do it.....do you have certain macronutrient percentages and caloric amounts that go along with each shake? i should try your method for post contest training, when i'm trying to mass up. it sounds like a winner. plus, it's REALLY HARD to chew foods after a hard workout, my jaw is almost too tired for chewing food after intense training!

PA

Hey bro i hear what you're saying. Usually after my 1st shake i feel like just laying down and passing out, and sometimes too tired to get up to make the 2nd shake. But it's worth it IMO. MrBMJ actually came up w/ the idea i believe.

If cutting I'll drink 1st shake 50g whey, 50g dextrose, and my 2nd shake would be a mix of whey and cassein w/ flaxseed oil and w/out the extra carbs from dextrose again. Only difference when bulking is i'd add another 50g of dextrose for the second shake as well. And again followed by your solid meal. I use whey/cassein for the 2nd shake again to fight catabolism. It's kinda a pain in the ass but it's been working for me.

As far as calories and %'s i really don't get too far into that since I don't compete. I eat about 200g of protein/day not including shakes, fats i'll have a tablespoon of flax, Peanutbutter, or olive oil w/ every meal, and Carbs are the only thing i change. Obviously when cutting i lower them till the carb up day, and when bulking i go all out w/ carbs and enjoy pancakes and bagels and cookies. I know i might get a lot of criticism for this, but it's worked for me. I eat more or less depending on how the diet is working out for me.

Top Bottom