Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how do you mix protein in w/oatmeal???

blown93302

alright bros, alot of people mix their protein into their oatmeal for breakfast, and i've tried a couple times, but it all just clumps up and tastes like shit! is there a special way to do this or what? let me know!

i use a max muscle shaker,and i put oatmeal in first ( i fill it up 3/4 cup with oatmeal). Then i put some water in ,then i put protein in and then i put the cap on and shake it. Sometimes i just drink it out like that,sometimes i use the spoon,i usually put in the quick 1 minute type,i use to use the normal type but it takes longer to eat in my opinion,it tastes like shit i know,who said it tastes good?

The only protein I've had success with mixability in oatmeal is whey isolate. I used the strawberry Isopure before in my oatmeal, and it came out much better than the optimum 100%whey. Still, I'd rather drink my protein and keep it simple. Too much of a pain to get creative early in the morning.

Although some don't like to eat their carbs and protein together, here is an idea that doesn't taste too shabby. (I have also tried mixing powder directly with my oatmeal, which I don't mind if it isn't left too long, or it just gets hard and gobby) Anyhow, the good stuff, is the pancakes: 1/2 cup of oatmeal, cinnamon and nutrasweet(brown sugar type)-whatever you think is enough, 2 egg whites, one scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a little dab of milk so it'll actually settle in the pan. This makes 2 average sized pancakes. Oh yeah, I put the oatmeal in the food processor to break it down a bit. Throw on a little sugar free, fat free jam, and its pretty damn good, especially as a treat if your dieting.:p

Its a little more than what you asked for, but it is mixing your oatmeal and protein, and its good - not as time consuming as it may sound.

[This message has been edited by fitgal (edited April 04, 2001).]

I mix the Protein Powder(whey isolate so it's not a lot of powder)into plain, Instant
oatmeal before I add the hot water. Mix the powder in real good and then add the hot water. Stir it good, then Nuke it for about 20 sec until it kinda bubbles up. Mix again and no more nasty clumps. "Oatmeal" food of the gods....

Anytime I've ever mixed oatmeal with a whey protein, it hasn't clumped at all. I've used the Body Fortress Whey(Walmart brand), EAS Simply Protein, and Optimum's 100% Whey. None of them clump in oatmeal.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Hi everyone! If you're looking for high-protein oatmeal, check out Pro Oats at pro-oats.com. It's Organic Instant Oatmeal with All-Natural Dried Fruit and 18g of protein per serving. It's delicious and super-healthy! Head on over to pro-oats.com to learn more!

Thanks - the Pro Oats development team.

I find it works a lot better if you mix the protein powder into the oatmeal when it's cold.

What I do is last thing before bed I pour boiling water from a kitchen kettle over Quaker instant oatmeal with some sea salt and cinnamon. Then in the morning I stir in 60g of whey isolate. It mixes in way easier when the oatmeal is cold then when it's hot.

Top Bottom