Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you ask your kids

goin on 4T

MVP
Platinum
EF VIP
If they really believe in Santa?

If they really believe in Santa?

If they are old enough to know about it, then say something. If not, just let it be.

I was 11 when my mom told me all that kind of stuff was not real. Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa. Seriously, I loved it when I was a kid and turned a blind eye to anything that would suggest they weren't real. I was upset when she told me.

You don't. Eventually they figure it out themselves (generally, one of their peers tells them the truth). They usually play along with the gag for about a year or so after they find out, then one day they tell you.

Around the time they start noticing that there's Santas everywhere or they start trying to figure out the logistics of how he actually gets down the chimney, gives gifts worldwide in one night, etc., they're putting two and two together. When they start hunting for the hidden wrapped present stash the jig is pretty much up :lmao:

I don't get why parents do that, or at least keep it going when kids ask questions. I've seen some parents go to some extreme lengths to keep the lie going. I think it's sad that kids usually learn the truth from a friend.

I don't get why parents do that, or at least keep it going when kids ask questions. I've seen some parents go to some extreme lengths to keep the lie going. I think it's sad that kids usually learn the truth from a friend.

^^^this. Once mine were around the 3 or 4th grade they ended up hearing it in school.

I don't think Abby believes. She is three. I still have my Christmas tree up and she pointed under the tree last night and said "Mommy, there are no more presents! They're all gone!" I said, "Christmas is over. You opened them all." Then she said, "Well, we need to go to the store and buy some more!"

I don't think Abby believes. She is three. I still have my Christmas tree up and she pointed under the tree last night and said "Mommy, there are no more presents! They're all gone!" I said, "Christmas is over. You opened them all." Then she said, "Well, we need to go to the store and buy some more!"

My wife always had the ones we bought and would bring out the "Santa" presents late Christmas Eve after kids were fast asleep,she was determined to keep them believing as long as she could, they're grown before you know it.

You don't. Eventually they figure it out themselves (generally, one of their peers tells them the truth). They usually play along with the gag for about a year or so after they find out, then one day they tell you.

Around the time they start noticing that there's Santas everywhere or they start trying to figure out the logistics of how he actually gets down the chimney, gives gifts worldwide in one night, etc., they're putting two and two together. When they start hunting for the hidden wrapped present stash the jig is pretty much up :lmao:

This. I think my son was 6 or 7 and he said, "mom I know Santa's not real." I said, you're right. It was so much easier when I didn't have to pretend

Top Bottom