Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

How accurate are digital body fat calipers?

They are not accurate OR consistent. They numbers are based off of body hydration levels. So if you maintain the EXACT same hydration level everyday, then they will be consistent. But the likely hood of that is pretty much the same likelyhood of me winning the Fitness Olympia this year.
 
The navy method is very inaccurate. Maybe for some, it might be alright, but for those with pencil necks, you will have an overinflated bf%, and vice versa.

For me, its off by as much as 5%. For one person I know, it was off by around 10%.

Get some calipers like the accumeasure and have someone teach you how to use them. That's your best bet.
 
Daisy_Girl said:
They are not accurate OR consistent. They numbers are based off of body hydration levels. So if you maintain the EXACT same hydration level everyday, then they will be consistent. But the likely hood of that is pretty much the same likelyhood of me winning the Fitness Olympia this year.

i have whatever those "quality" ones are, and this post sums it up. i definently wouldnt buy them again
 
Luciano_ said:
Are you sure this method is acurate?
I got a very low figure, I do not hold much visible fat, but I do not hold much visible muscle either ...

works for me, i get identical to what the 7 point caliper method gives me.
 
mm, I got a 7.7 ... I know that I don't hold much fat, but I don't hold much muscle either .. should be compensated then !
I think I am more like a 10 or a 11 ...

btw, a stupid question ... Is the brain consider in the BF tests? Lots of fat there !!

Cheers!
 
Top Bottom