Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Honest question about ripped abs

Since I started cutting carbs out before bed my schedule allowed me to train earlier in the day, so postworkout carbs weren't a problem. Actually, this summer I'll have to train after work so I'll have to have carbs at night then, but my very last meal right before bed will be carb free.

When you drop carbs, you have the fat for energy. It has twice as many calories and that means twice as much energy. The energy problem goes away after the second trip through the cycle of dropping carbs for three days and you won't even feel it. No kidding. 3 or 4 lbs isn't shit in the three day cycle. It might be water but it'll be the fastest way to take off weight. I outdo any diet that anybody wants to compare to dropping carbs.

I won't profess to be an expert, but I was in the same boat as you in December last year.... I was ready to go to Canada for a holiday, but my previous dieting attempts had been flawed with carb binges every three days or so when I couldn't handle the cravings anymore.

So in the last two weeks, I cut out ALL carbs. And it worked for me!!

I know this goes against what most of the bodybuilding world says, but it really did work for me, and I lost a lot of fat and I got leaner in those two weeks than I had the ten weeks leading up to it. No supplements either. And the strangest part is, I believe I actually gained more muscle in those two weeks than I ever have.... including bulking phases. But it was very hard to stay consistent, and energy levels were the biggest problem.

This is what I did:
First thing in the morning before anything else, I had a cup of black coffee. Then I went to the gym, trained as heavy as I could, and did 20-30 minutes cardio at the end. Then, post-workout, I had the only carbs I would have all day.... which was maybe one glass of juice, or a piece of fruit, or a slice of bread or a rice cake. Not much.

Then throughout the day, I would have maybe 6 meals (I didn't have strict meal-times) of either: grilled chicken, steamed fish fillets, grilled beef, canned tuna or egg whites. I didn't count calories or protein.

Then most nights (but not all) I did some cardio (just fast walking) for 20-30 minutes about an hour before bed, after I'd had my last meal for the day.

Most people will probably say you'll lose a lot of muscle doing this, but I didn't notice any muscle loss. In fact, I felt fuller and harder than I ever had. Perhaps if you did it for longer than two weeks you'd lose muscle, I don't know. I'm only going on my experience.

The only problem, and what made me eventually stop, was energy levels. After a while, I think my glycogen levels went down to none.... and any physical activity (even getting up out of a chair) felt like I was running a marathon. I was exhausted 24/7. And towards the end I could barely climb a flight of stairs without thinking I was going to pass out, so that's when I stopped.

But if you want quick results, that's my suggestion. It may not work for everyone, and my sincere apologies if it's a disaster for you, but it worked for me.

Good luck with it.

Oh yeah, one other thing....

If you decide to try this, a little tip to curb cravings is (as well as drinking as much water as possible throughout the day) try drinking Diet Coke/Pepsi/whatever.... and chewing sugar-free gum. The aspartame is an appetite suppresant and helps you forget about your cravings for a while.

Diet Pepsi is great (but so much good for you). I drink a fair bit of it and chew pant-loads of sugar-free gum. Just make sure to drink even more water than the extra you should be taking anyway cause it dehydrates the body.

You and I are pretty much the same size.
I'm 5'5" 167 lbs and about 15%bf, My advice is start clen immediately and take it for two weeks and the third week your on vacation.

Top Bottom