Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hockey Ratings

beastboy

I read an article about the popularity of hockey compared to that of football and basketball. It is amazing how many more people tune into basketball and footballl playoffs compared to that of hockey. For those who aren't fans....: Are people that uninterested in this sport?? Do you not find it entertaining and exciting??

Hockey is by far the most exciting game to watch, IMO. Also it seems the players aren't as cocky and greedy compared to other big game athletes. You very rarely hear trash talk and are always so humble. Is this one reason why people don't get into this sport because of the lack of drama??

Just Curious....

1. i find it boring.
2. i never played it my life
3. it's pretty boring
4. i can never see where the fuck the puck is
5. they look so damn cold that it makes me cold
6. did i say it was boring?
7. no high profile players, all nobodies.. and all frickin foreigners
8. majority say "eh" at the end of every sentence
9. reminds me of figure skating with pads on..
10.it's pretty gosh darn boring.

I used to play hockey but lately it got so boring. Teams aren't scoring as many goals as 15 years ago. 3-4 teams have the best players, the rest is shit. Since it is not an "American" sport and NHL has no team in EUrope, it will never be as popular as football. And I'm not even talking about real "Football" (Soccer).

hockey is the best sport in the world, to play or watch. However truth is that ever since the Florida Panthers introduced the TRAP in the year they went to the cup finals hockey has been worse off. There is less open ice hitting and way too much clutch and grabbing. IMO the best hockey I've seen in a while way at the olympics, maybe it was all the superstars or the large ice but that was some entertaining hokcey.

SixPac said:
hockey is the best sport in the world, to play or watch. However truth is that ever since the Florida Panthers introduced the TRAP in the year they went to the cup finals hockey has been worse off. There is less open ice hitting and way too much clutch and grabbing. IMO the best hockey I've seen in a while way at the olympics, maybe it was all the superstars or the large ice but that was some entertaining hokcey.

trap existed long time before the Panthers. In fact, the Devils won the STanley Cup this way in 1995. Also Jacques Lemaire was among the first to introduce it with the Montreal Candiens back in 1983..... Who's using the trap ? Weak teams. Why ? Cause it's the only for them to stop superstars since they dont have any....

Hockey is definatly the most underrated sport.

1. They play 82 regular season games, and up to 28 playoff games. What other contact sport does that?

2. More often than not they will play right through any injury as long as they can see straight.

3. What other sport can 2 guys bust each other open, and only get a 5 minute penalty?

4. High profile? If the definition of high profile is an arrogant, obnoxious, cry baby, then I'm glad there aren't many in the NHL.

5. The Stanley Cup. The most covetted trophy in sports.

Take the fights from boxing, the hits of football, the hand eye coordination of baseball, and put them on ice. Now add in the fact that you can't run out of bounds.

Rex said:
Hockey is definatly the most underrated sport.

1. They play 82 regular season games, and up to 28 playoff games. What other contact sport does that?

2. More often than not they will play right through any injury as long as they can see straight.

3. What other sport can 2 guys bust each other open, and only get a 5 minute penalty?

4. High profile? If the definition of high profile is an arrogant, obnoxious, cry baby, then I'm glad there aren't many in the NHL.

5. The Stanley Cup. The most covetted trophy in sports.

Take the fights from boxing, the hits of football, the hand eye coordination of baseball, and put them on ice. Now add in the fact that you can't run out of bounds.

You are exactly right, IMHO....

GO WINGS!!!

first off....GO WINGS

Second, my girl is the one who turned me onto hockey. I used to never watch it....now I can't get enough!!!

Big Buck said:
first off....GO WINGS

Second, my girl is the one who turned me onto hockey. I used to never watch it....now I can't get enough!!!

Hockey is the only sport where I can watch any team playing!

Are you in MI??

Top Bottom