Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

heres my supps i will take

mrjet2you

heres my supps i will take
i will take whey all aroudn the day...most of it after i workout ......and then i will take creaitne thru the day and most of that afteri work out......i was thinking about get flaxseed oil and l-glutamine.....but is that reall neccassary to get those last 2 .......shoudl i ssave my money or get this? what do they do?

The flax is a good idea if you're not getting your EFAs elsewhere, but I'm concerned that you didn't make any mention of vitamin/mineral supplementation. You need, at the very least, a good 2-3cap/day multi, before you start worrying about more esoteric supps.

You can do a search for the specific funtions of particular minerals (ie- zinc is important for testosterone levels), but minerals and vitamins in general are important for the following reason:

Vitamins and minerals act as co-enzymes and co-factors, and help to catalyze the chemical reactions in the bodies. To put it as simply as possible, think of the following analogy:

Your body and it's growth/repair mechanism is a car's engine.
All the food you eat (including protein supplementation) is the gas.
Vitamins and minerals are the spark plugs.

Without the spark-plugs, things don't work. Now, you do get some vitamins/minerals just from the food you eat, etc. But... if you're not getting enough, then it's akin to running on just 2 or 3 cylinders. (And keep in mind that the US RDA is just barely enough for a sedentary adult to stave-off deficiency disease, and is no where near the optimal amount for athletes or BB's.)

You're not going to spend all kinds of money running hi-octane racing fuel (protein), and using exotic fuel additives and bolt-on go-fast goodies (supplements), without at least having all your spark plugs working, are you?

Top Bottom