Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help!!!! Why am I losing weight?

seriouslyfit

As I stated in an earlier thread about two months ago, I was following the Shadow plan (minus supplements) and I reached my goal within like three months. I didn't lose any weight but I slimed down and I can see the muscles in my stomach now. However, the last two weeks or so, my schedule has been quite hectic and I haven't been able to make it to the gym as I was. The week before last I made it twice and last week I didn't go at all. I noticed at the end of last week I dropped like 5 lbs out of nowhere. What the heck! The whole time I was working out and eating clean I was able to maintain my weight but I just slimmed down. Now that I haven't been working out consistently (it's only been two weeks) it seems like I'm dropping weight. My co-worker took a double take and said "You are losing weight!" I'm scared to even look at the scale now.
Has anyone experienced this and if so what is going on. I still eat the same clean diet, except for Saturday and Sunday which are my splurge days. I don't want to lose weight! I'm planning to start back in the gym four days a week again and just lifting heavy and limiting cardio to one HIIT session a week. What do you guys think?

It is unlikely that she lost 5 lbs of muscle in under 2 weeks. Muscle doesn't just "fall off" after 2 weeks of minimal working out.

~When had you weighed yourself prior to this 5lb loss?

~Could be that you were bloated before, and lost some water weight. Depending on where you are in your cycle, losing/gaining 5lbs of water quickly is very possible.

~Did your diet and or water intake change AT ALL - AT ALL - during this 2 week hectic period? I mean, ANY CHANGES AT ALL. Even seemingly minor changes can make a HUGE impact.

~Stress can cause weight loss in some people.

~Often, training can cause water to be held in the body. Maybe once the training was minimal, the water "left".

What Daisy said - probably stress, probably you forgot to eat regularly, particularly the heavier stuff like starchy carbs, and you probably dumped some water weight. If you want to make reliable comments about your weight (weight only, not bodyfat) then get on the scale every day & see if there is a trend down or up vs just getting on the scale randomly and seeing a different number.

Sassy69 said:
Or at least look at how your clothes are fitting.

My clothes have been fitting a little bit looser. I plan to hit the weights hard starting Monday because I definately don't want to lose muscle. I am also going to get my bf% done ASAP.

Top Bottom