Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help needed!

mj0n3

Hello People!!

Let me give you my details first, just to have a clear picture of things, I'm 24 Years old male, Vegetarian, weighing in about 53 Kgs / 116.84 Pounds, Height is 5 ft 5 in / 165 cm's, i work and have a non active / sedentary lifestyle.

My diet currently is Milk or Aloo parantha (kinda like.. Wheat bread with stuffed potato) OR 2 Boiled Eggs for breakfast, Chapatis + Omlette / any curry OR Rice (rarely), 2 chapatis / 2 Egg whites at night and i've stopped eating rice at night --- i'm following statement “Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper”

I was a skinny guy all the time but from the time, i started working i've put on some weight (2.5 Yrs approx) and now its visible at my abdominal part & lower back, i hate having fat at those areas and it is when i've decided to hit gym.

Now my goal is to gain weight (muscle) overall but loose fat at belly & lower back, i want to sport a good built body, not skinny since i constantly receive comments that i look a lot younger than i'm and i don't want to hear that !!

I've started going to gym (In evening) and its been 2 months now but im not sure if i'm going in right direction (the results are not up to the mark) what i need is how do i gain weight and loose fat at the same time, what food do i take etc etc.

I've taken Optimum Nutrition (ON) 100% Whey Gold Standard [Amazon ASIN - B002DYIZH6] and gained some muscle but a person in gym suggested me to have mass gainer supplement so that i gain weight first then can go for ON Gold Whey and i brought Optimum Nutrition (ON) Pro Gainer 60 [Amazon ASIN - B0015R71KO], i read that Pro gainer has calories and i'm afraid that they would not help me shed fat at belly & lower back.. please assist / help me regarding this.

Is taking ON Pro Gainer good option ? How much and when do i take it ?

Another concern is i'm not seeing much developments / gains in chest and flat bench press are a great hurdle to me compared to inclined / declined is this normal or what do i do ? My current situation is that i can bench press 5Kgs - 15+, 12, 10 reps (and don't feel anthing much) but when i increase the weight to 7.5 Kgs i can't lift beyond 3-4 reps, i've heard mixed things about no of reps, sets pumping and not going heavy working with light weights on high reps, its like different people have different opinion but i want to do what is right.. can some one shed light on what is the max rep that one needs to do and how are the weight supposed to be increased etc...

Probably this is all i can gather up at the moment now but will ask more questions as they come up to my mind and hope this community helps me.

Please do share your thoughts / experiences, feedback and suggestions and help me, just in case if somebody wants to get in touch via whats app etc do let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Welcome to EF! ptimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard is a nice source of protein and BCAAs for you. Stay away from mass gainers if you're going for a lean bulk - these things are filled with carbs and some sugar. I think you need to mostly concentrate on your macros and calories, while also training hard. A solid guideline for gaining weight is breaking your macros down into 30% protein, 30% fat and 40% carbs. At your size, you should be taking in around 2,800 calories a week to gain muscle without too much fat.

As for your chest development, this will come when you eat. Try to mix in dumbbells with flat bench and go for the 8-10 rep range per set in the beginning, then work down to 6-8 reps with heavier weight.

Top Bottom